Thread: Ron St. Pierre - BlueTegu.com (review)

Default Ron St. Pierre - BlueTegu.com (review)

Name: Ron St. Pierre Captive Bred Reptiles
    Web: http://www.bluetegu.com
    Owners: Ron & Stella St. Pierre
    Telephone: Not Given
    Address: Not Given
    E-mail: bluetegu@earthlink.net
    Tegu Species: Blue Tegus & Variants

Please do not review this business if you have no first hand experience with them. If you have bought tegus from them or inspected the facility at Ron St. Pierre Captive Bred Reptiles, please feel free to post your experiences and rate them above.
    Yours,
    NiColeRuSSell

"I'm gonna do what I should've done in the first place. I'll find her, wherever she is, tie her up, torture her... until she likes me again."
    -Spike

I spoke with Stella SP after she had sold all but one baby rhino. The last one of the season...a female. I really wanted one but I wanted a male. Stella talked me through the sale and everything she said turned out to be true. My Rhino is healthy, sweet, large and hardy. She gives hugs I kid you not
    The only complaint I have about the whole experience would be when I asked her about diet over the phone. I won't go into details but suffice to say when I asked some cyclura experts and they were more then a bit dismayed at what I was told. I quickly revamped the diet and all is well.
    So that would be my only complaint.
    Otherwise shipping was great, animal wonderful and customer service was good too.
    Advice-- I would go elsewhere though.
    Yours,
    NiColeRuSSell

"I'm gonna do what I should've done in the first place. I'll find her, wherever she is, tie her up, torture her... until she likes me again."
    -Spike

varnyard Guest

Well I do look at all aspects of business. That includes how helpful someone is when asked questions about a animals that was owned, bred or raised by them. I just bought four B n W adult tegus and one sub adult red male that came from Ron and Stella. I bought them through a second party, I might add is well known in the herp community. I asked where they had come from and was told Ron and Stella St. Pierre. So I had some questions about these animals. I contacted Ron and Stella. I was polite, and just asked very simple questions. I asked if they were related, and roughly the ages. I was promptly answered by Stella, and was told that they would not give out any information on them.

I must ask, is this good business? Now I could not see why they would not release any information on these animals. It clearly says on his website that he will no longer be breeding the Black n White tegus any longer. So why would he not give any information on them?

This is what I would look at as bad business or at least poor practice as a fellow hobbyist, but this is my opinion.

I am not even any competition , due to the fact I do not breed Blues and he no longer breeds the Black n Whites.

You be the judge.