Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Help the dolphins

yeah. I thought about going vegetarian for a little bit. But then after thinking about how I chose to own multiple carnivorous animals, to whom I feed about 80 mice a month. I decided that would be somewhat hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by starion88esir
    Sounds like americans and deer.
    what is that supposed to mean??? LOL no but i am American, i don't eat deer. i have cut my meat consumption by more than half. i am seriously thinking about being a vegetarian. Eating meat makes me feel weird sometimes..... like guilty or something, i know i can live without it. giving meat to my lizard is just fine with me though. Around here wher i live the school gives a day off for the first day of buck hunting season stupid rednecks!

Default brutal

that was completely grotesque . . . and to try to compare americans with deer slaughter is sheer stupidity . . . we dont off deer like this . . . . we do it quick style and majority of the time the deer killed isnt wasted (if anything compare this to the methods Jews use. I am jewish and i think its wrong . . the method of kosher slaughter . . . to cut a cows throat open so it chokes on it own blood . . . i love burgers but thats insane) . . . if we didnt control the deer wed be up to our armpits in them . . . for all the deer killed i sure see way to many of them . . . the difference . . . the dolphins feel . . . the dolphins love . . . . deer . . . giant pests . . . makes good stew . . . . .
    1.0.0 Blue Tegu (Jaeger)
    0.1.0 Colombian Black & White Tegu (Kilioa)
    1.0.0 Red Tegu (Odin)
    2.3.0 Black Emperor Scorpions
    1.0.0 Ball Python (Lucifer)
    1.1.0 Fat Tail Geckos
    0.1.0 White Lined Gecko

Default Re: brutal

Quote Originally Posted by Kilioa
    that was completely grotesque . . . and to try to compare americans with deer slaughter is sheer stupidity . . . we dont off deer like this . . . . we do it quick style and majority of the time the deer killed isnt wasted (if anything compare this to the methods Jews use. I am jewish and i think its wrong . . the method of kosher slaughter . . . to cut a cows throat open so it chokes on it own blood . . . i love burgers but thats insane) . . . if we didnt control the deer wed be up to our armpits in them . . . for all the deer killed i sure see way to many of them . . . the difference . . . the dolphins feel . . . the dolphins love . . . . deer . . . giant pests . . . makes good stew . . . . .
    I am an Animal Science major student and part of the classes I take deal with meat production. This Jewish method you speak of really isnt that far off of how the majority of slaughter houses kill the animals. For cows, they put a pnuematic cylinder gun (looks like a pistol) to the head of the cow, pull the trigger which knocks them out. THey then put chains on the back legs, hang them up and slit their necks. This increases the quality of the meat. With pigs it is similar, they just use a stun gun instead. Honestly, I dont see that these methods are horrible. The animal is unconscious and cant feel anything.

As for the deer hunting comment someone made, I am a deerhunter and am floored that someone would say such a thing. Talk to any wildlife management person about this subject and they will tell you that hunters are needed to control deer population. Of course this also depends on the location. I am in Indiana and we have quite a number of deer. Also, each county has its own bag limits (the number of animals you can kill per day/season).

I will admit that there are very irresponsible so called hunters out there. But why would you compare every hunter to those type of people. I get just as upset if not more than you do about these type of people. They are the ones giving hunter the bad reputation.
    Brad

1.0.0 Woma Python - Oz
    1.3.9 Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 A. versicolor - Blue
    0.1.0 Bouvier des Flandres - Lexi
    1.0.0 Cat - Sigmund

Default Re: brutal

I am an Animal Science major student and part of the classes I take deal with meat production. This Jewish method you speak of really isnt that far off of how the majority of slaughter houses kill the animals. For cows, they put a pnuematic cylinder gun (looks like a pistol) to the head of the cow, pull the trigger which knocks them out. THey then put chains on the back legs, hang them up and slit their necks. This increases the quality of the meat. With pigs it is similar, they just use a stun gun instead. Honestly, I dont see that these methods are horrible. The animal is unconscious and cant feel anything.

As for the deer hunting comment someone made, I am a deerhunter and am floored that someone would say such a thing. Talk to any wildlife management person about this subject and they will tell you that hunters are needed to control deer population. Of course this also depends on the location. I am in Indiana and we have quite a number of deer. Also, each county has its own bag limits (the number of animals you can kill per day/season).

I will admit that there are very irresponsible so called hunters out there. But why would you compare every hunter to those type of people. I get just as upset if not more than you do about these type of people. They are the ones giving hunter the bad reputation.
    I agree with your post in it's entirety.

To everyone else, I did not watch the video, nor do I have any interest to. If there is a serious warning that the video is repulsive, then I will use that warning and avoid it. I am a meat eater. I do feel meat is required in a diet unless you want to eat supplements to make up for the lack of meat. I will not go into a huge debate over this as I have no interest in accidentally offending anybody.

I eat meat in my daily diet.
    I am all for the most humane method to dispatch the 'feeder' animal that I eat.
    Beyond those two comments, I like to believe my steak came from a special happy magical place.

Though I did not watch that video, I will point out that I am against anything that causes anyone, or anything, unnecessary pain or trauma.

Rick

Elwood, IL - Southwest Suburb of Chicago (about an hour away)

I'm going to have to agree with Rick on most of his post. Aside from that, people as a whole, in general are idiots... we should be wiped from the face of the earth. That's my opinion on this topic.
    -Art-