Thread: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Default HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

gonzos foot looks funky! i have pics is my gallery the top 3 are pic of his foot HELP!!!!
    0.2.0 German Shepherds *Khoda* & *Keara*
    0.0.1 Ball python *Akua*
    0.0.1 normal corn *seismo*
    0.0.1 snow corn *sleet*

I have looked at the pictures of Gonzos foot and I really can't tell anything because the pictures are very blurry and I am not sure what I am looking at. What exactly is wrong? How does it look different? Are you doing proper calcium and vitamin suppliments on all insects you feed? Did your tegu recently shed? What is your humidity? Do you soak your tegu for 10 to 20 minutes on a regular basis? Some think it's needed and some don't. I personally think it can't hurt, so I will still ask.. do you use UVB lighting?

Also, "HELP!!!" as a subject will not get you as many targetted people reading this as if you used "My tegus foot looks bad." or such.

The reason behind that is if Joe is browsing the web and sees you post it's so generic he may go right over it. If it's more descriptive and Joe has ever had an issue with his tegus foot, he will see that topic and assume he may be able to help. He will then click the topic and read your post.

This is merely my view, you can use your topic any way you wish.

Rick

I cant see very well from the pics either...can you describe it? If its really looking worrying then I would get to a vet as soon as possible rather than waiting for replies (which may just tell you to go to the vet anyway! )

its not relly bad its just that 4 out of 5 toes are kinda stuk together up to the midle of the toes.
    0.0.1 Ball python *Akua*
    0.0.1 snow corn *sleet*

Hmm...that sounds a littled worrying Is there any shed on there? If there is I would put him in some lukewarm water and gently massage the skin to see if it comes off. Otherwise I really have no idea why theyw ould be like that. A vet visit probably wouldnt hurt.

my dad sad said its brobably a birth defect. theres not any stuck shed and he just finished sheding so i would se it. and it dont seem to afect his walking or any thing and its been like that sence i got hi and its geting a lil better. im guna wate til january so i can pay the vet bill with my alowance if it dont get better
    0.0.1 Ball python *Akua*
    0.0.1 snow corn *sleet*

If you wait a few weeks to take him to the vet it could possibly be a mistake. If it's a birth defect it may be ok, but I have never personally seen a defect like you described. It's hard to be accurate without actually seeing Gonzo, but the wait could cost Gonzo his toes, a foot or maybe his life. It would be sad for Gonzo to die and the investment you have into Gonzo would be wasted too.

If I was you I would take and post a better picture immediately after reading this, an appointment can take a few days to get in so in this time we may be able to help you. Then first thing in the morning call and schedule an appointment. If we recognize the problem and it's not serious you can cancel the appointment.

If money is an issue and you will have the money in a few weeks I am sure your parents or grandparents will make you a loan to cover the vet fees. After which you should put a few bucks of your allowance away each week into a medical fund (have someone else hold it for you or get a bank savings account with one of your parents on it) so you will have the money in an emergency for vet bills. It is always sad to see a pet suffer or die because of lack of funds.

Rick
    theTegu.com

there was someone on repticzone that had a tegu with the same problem and it is now an adult she said that it was a birth defect cus the breeder said that the last tegu he had had a smal defect on his foot and the vet said it would not hurt is foot or his t\oes i just figured that you might have had that same thing hapen and what you did
    0.0.1 Ball python *Akua*
    0.0.1 snow corn *sleet*