Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Gentle Giants

LOL this thread was about the gentle giants....some you have listed aren't exaclty gentle LOL.
    John

The only one he metioned that is not gentle would be the sri lankan ornamental. Personally I like the more defensive Ts. Of the 20 sp I own I think only 4 are handlable.

I just bought a salmon pink birdeater

Well I'm new to tegus but have other pets as well. I am incredibly interested in Tarantulas and specifically the Haplopelma spp.
    So far I have these species.

0.1.0 Haplopelma hainanum
    0.1.3 Haplopelma lividum
    0.1.0 Haplopelma lividum "dark colour form"
    0.1 Haplopelma schmidti "gold colour form"

But soon lots more will be added Expo on saturday here in sweden

Have kept other Tarantulas as well, such as:

B. vagans
    B. emilia
    C. crawshayi
    T. blondi
    P. pederseni
    P.cambridgei
    H.schmidti (sent of to mating and got eaten, hopefully a succesful eggsac will come out of it though)

Flogger i always wanted a ornimental baboon after seeing a white and black one on the net. I dont know its taxonamy, just wondering if you've ever seen one i dont have any tarrantulas but i want one.i do have 2 Emperor scorpians and there pretty cool.
    0.0.2 b/w Argintine Tegu
    1.0.0 Gold Culombians
    1.1.0 Emperor Scorpians
    1.0.0 100% het axanthic ball
    0.0.1 bosc monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel
    Flogger i always wanted a ornimental baboon after seeing a white and black one on the net. I dont know its taxonamy, just wondering if you've ever seen one i dont have any tarrantulas but i want one.i do have 2 Emperor scorpians and there pretty cool.
    If you give me the scientific name for the ornamental baboon I could help you out some more, we never EVER use the common names, just leads to trouble.

Well if you're looking for your first Tarantula I don't think I would recommend a baboon. But check the genuses Brachypelma and Grammostola, they have calm beautiful spiders.
    Brachypelma have awsome spiders such as smithi, vagans, boehmei. But Grammostola do have pulchra. Calm, pitch-black quite large spiders, incredibly beautiful.

Emperor scorpions (I trust Pandinus imperator, or Pandinus caviminus) are excellent pets, love 'em. My friend keeps a P.imperator but I don't keep scorpions as my parents think they're deadly (all species) no matter what I tell them.

Good luck with finding one. If you ckeck www.arachnoboards.com you might find people who know the common name though, they use them all the time (I personally think it's a pain).

Cheers!

www.southernspiderworks.com has a good selection of aracnids, including pics, scientific names and common names
    -1.0 columbian black and white tegu
    -1.1 ball pythons
    -0.0.1 chilean rose haired tarantula
    -0.0.1 praying mantis
    -0.1 leapord gecko
    -0.1 3 toed box turtle

Sorry guys, I don't think every member of this site could pool enough money together and pay me enough to have one of those spiders on me...............

Quote Originally Posted by AudiA6
    Sorry guys, I don't think every member of this site could pool enough money together and pay me enough to have one of those spiders on me...............

Oh no problem. You're not supposed to have them ON you. Think of them more as aquarium fish, but a lot cooler. They are meant to be studied and looked at. They're more "eye candy" than "grab candy". If you want an animal you can grab and hold you should probably go for a dog

flogger its latin name is (Heteroscodra maculata) and its the best looking spider ive ever seen.
    0.0.2 b/w Argintine Tegu
    1.0.0 Gold Culombians
    1.1.0 Emperor Scorpians
    1.0.0 100% het axanthic ball
    0.0.1 bosc monitor