Thread: Bombina orientalis

Default Bombina orientalis

I had 2 bombina's in my anolis ter and for a long time they were alright altho they seem to play hide and seek alot.
    Now for the past months I havent seen them and I figured they had died...
    As we are close to moving I was planning on catching the little anolis and cleaning out their ter when they had to move to our new house and see what had become of my 2 little froggies...

Now yesterday I was spraying the anolis ter and low and behold...there was one of my little bombina's just jumping around as if nothing had happened...
    I decided to catch the little bugger and place it into a tank of its own and to see if I could find its companion.
    Well...I cought him and placed him in a nice newly furnished tank, sadly without his companion...I didnt find him in the ter, so guess hes dead.

Now the live and well bombina has some nice space in his enclosure for 3 more friends. And I also put in some algy eters, a guppy familie and some crickets :twisted:
    He has a nice 10 to 40 liters air pump and every week I will change a kwarter of the water so the fish wont get harmed by the bombina poison.
    Heres a picture of the enclosure before the little fish were added (the water level is x2 now):

1.0.0 T.rufescens
    0.1.0 T.merianae
    1.0.0 Testudo horsfieldii
    1.0.0 Stenodactylus sthenodactylus
    0.0.1 Ceratophrys ornata
    0.0.1 Geocholone elegans
    0.0.1 Python regius
    2.0.0 Mustela Putorius Furo
    0.1.0 Bouvier des flandres

It's sad one of them died, but I am pleased to hear the other one lived.

The setup looks cool. We need to figure out how to setup the tank for my wifes white's tree frog. Right now it's setup is sterile. (paper towels, foam bowl for water, etc) and we change it twice daily. The frog had a boil and I drained it (I think I hated doing that more then the frog hated me doing it) and switched the frog to a sterile tank. The frog is now 100% healthy.

Rick

are you gona use life plants in the enclosure?

And well this frog has 9 lives as he escaped during the night and after a night and morning out and about in my living room I found it sitting next to my sofa again...He was a bit dry and had some doghairs stuck to his back and was a little woozy...but when I got him back in his tank and put some crickets in he went right after them.
    little houdini
    I plan on getting 3 more bombina's sotheres some life in the tank...the algy eaters aren't awake when its light and this bombina isnt doing much either :P
    So I got a big tank with 2 guppy's in it :lol:
    1.0.0 T.rufescens
    0.1.0 T.merianae
    1.0.0 Testudo horsfieldii
    1.0.0 Stenodactylus sthenodactylus
    0.0.1 Ceratophrys ornata
    0.0.1 Geocholone elegans
    0.0.1 Python regius
    2.0.0 Mustela Putorius Furo
    0.1.0 Bouvier des flandres