Thread: cold frogs

Default cold frogs

hi everyone, i was wondering what the reccomended temps were for pac mans and whites frogs. Its getting pretty cold here (55 coldest at night) and the temps in the day for them are about 70. Thanks in advance.

that is WAAAAAAAAY TOO COLD! pac-man (horned frogs, i hate the term pacman frog ) need temps in the 80's. i'm not sure about whites treefrogs but i'm guessing they need temps in the 80's too. where are you keeping them anyway? i can't imagine you keep your house that cold, unless you just wear sweaters all the time...

I would put some foil on the top of the enclosure, and get a UTH and maybe a small balb, I'm guessing its in a tank and not ot big so you can do this to keep the temps at and around 80, its really cold here, outside its around 0, thats with out a wind chill, now of course my apartment is much warmer, I do have my snakes, turtles, and what not to keep warm, apartments in the 60s, my rooms in the mid 70, all having them heat lamps on durning the day of course.

hehe k thanks its just that the heat pads for the whites and horned frog just stopped working...i have no idea y but they just stopped working, and I was just wondering if it would be too cold for them between the days it willl take to get new ones. I guess the heat pads just werent good enough, ill get lights for them. Thanks for the info.

heat pads are not good for horned frogs, because they like to burrow. they often burrow right down and sit on the heat pad, and burn themselves. plus it not natural for them to feel warmer when they burrow. best way to heat frogs is from above with a ceramic heat-emitter or a infared bulb.