Thread: the frogs and painted turtles are out

Default the frogs and painted turtles are out

hey its early in michigan :P so you people in florida can probably laugh since i guess the animals are already out there :P
    so far this year i have heard corus frogs, spring peepers, lepard frogs, and wood frogs croaking this year.. i also caught a female lepard frog yesterday and held her for a minute then let her go again( no rams i wasnt planning on cutting her open and see whats inside if you wonder) i also saw 3 painted turtles i have a swamp next to my house and one behind it and a lake behind it too so i have a lot of oportunintys for field herping... hopefully someone finds this at least alittle interesting :P
    lauren

There isn't many herps in the city here, But I'll be going to the Traverse city area next weekend. I want to find some turtles. =) ... And froggies. Maybe a few snakes, but theres more snakes more south in michigan than up north.

i have at least 10 taods in my out side cage cus they are just falling in my "swamp" (nasty pool) cus we dont have a encloser around it

the pool liner after heavy rains

deep end

shalow end

i find atleast 2 toads every morning this morning i found 4
    0.2.0 German Shepherds *Khoda* & *Keara*
    0.0.1 Ball python *Akua*
    0.0.1 normal corn *seismo*
    0.0.1 snow corn *sleet*

my cousin lives in kalamazoo and he catches all sorts of reptiles..im really jealous:P he even had a hog nosed snake once... ive never seen one but i guess there arent many in this area... i have a book that says there are lizards around this area too but ive never seen one :P
    lauren