Thread: housing for life and Book to read|/Rick thankyou

Default housing for life and Book to read|/Rick thankyou

I want a black and white tegu wondering about a cage that can be bought that will last the life but that will cage it happily and healthy.Ive been on here for hours looking at cages you guys have some awesome cages you have all designed and built.It will have free roam time and outside time>Rick if you happen to read this Im the women who held it atr the store today. We really enjoyedtalking to you and since my husband is a reptile lover when i came home to research and showed him a pic of full grown tegu he was sold! He really enjoys large reptiles I researched with my children we took turns readind and watching videos and we thoroughly enjoyed Ricks on tegus and attention.Rick you showed me a cage is that big enough to house for how long when would I have to get new one.Ohh and I do believe I worked with your wife at North and South in Clinton thankyou so very much for all the info and great conversation at the store about tegus! Can anyone suggest a book to read before i purchase a tegu? Thanks all I love this site

It was nice chatting with you in person, and I am glad you found us online.

The enclosure I showed you was a 40 gallon breeder tank and would last only for a short while. This summer you could build an enclosure. It's cheaper to build something that suits you and the tegu, than it is to buy a tank. And adult tegu would need an aquarium that was 150 gallons, depending on the aquariums configuration. As you see in the picture gallery and forum posts, most people build enclosures. Typically plywood with plexigas or glass door. The enclosure can be finished or painted to match your household interior.

I am glad you enjoyed the video, and I am glad you enjoyed holding one of the small tegus at the petshop. Those tegus at the petshop are from my tame stock. The store bought a bunch off of me to resell and they are down to 7 or 8 left. I am personally out of tegus. I hatched 106 Argentine black and whites in July and sold out 40 days later. I will have brand new baby hatchlings in July.

Anyways, I read here as often as I can so you can post me questions here. I also volunteer/work at the petstore you visited one day a week, Tuesdays.. after 11am so feel free to stop in and visit again. Feel free to bring a list of questions.

I will end this post with a warning. If you are gonna buy one of those tegus, becareful. They are very, very addictive! :P

Rick