Thread: Potty training?

Default Potty training?

Is it possible..He only poops after his morning meal and thats when he gets to roam around..It never fails he poops then drags his tail in it all over the floor.Or like a stupid person I am I picked him up within tail shot of his poo this morning and he tail whipped it all over me
    So he wont go in water...Do I just follow him around with a paper?

I might have a unique situation here, but maybe this will help.

My Tegu's bedroom is around the corner from my bathroom. Before he eats most days, I let him out of the enclosure and make a trail of seedless red grapes (one of his favorite foods) to the bathroom. He eats them, then when he gets into the bathroom I close the door ( and turn on the vent... ). Most days, I will open the door ~ 2-3 minutes later, and he has taken care of his business. Then I can clean up solid waste with toilet paper, and keep a sponge and some tile cleaner on hand for the urine.

As time has gone by, he(?) needs fewer grapes to get there, but since I think he likes them, I make the trail anyways. I have never actually tried without the grapes, so I can't say for sure that he knows the process entirely on his own, but suspect the routine is familiar. This is all pretty gratifying, considering that when the Tegu was younger, he was very skittish and seemed rather afraid of me (I'm only 6'2", about 6 feet taller than him...). Now he readily particpates in these little things and my love spending time living together has really grown.

Best of luck to you

That is really a neat idea.Maybe I could do that to a box with newspapers and make a door to close till he poops and eventually he will just go there to poop...Its worth a try anyway..Thanks