Thread: building enclosure but have run into snag can anyone help!

Default building enclosure but have run into snag can anyone help!

okay we are going to build our pen real soon our dimensions are 8 ft long 3 ft wide and 2 feet tall and have found everything we need Its gonna cost somewhere around 330.00 but I have run into a problem I can not find a light fixture for 2 uvb 48 in bulbs we did locate a 24 double bulb light fixture will that be sufficient or no my husband thinks Yes Im not so sure! For the water dish I picked a a horse water dish is that good? I really want Bindi to be happy when I bring it home!! Thanks to all for the help!

Default Re: building enclosure but have run into snag can anyone hel

Quote Originally Posted by fresh2ugal2000
    okay we are going to build our pen real soon our dimensions are 8 ft long 3 ft wide and 2 feet tall and have found everything we need Its gonna cost somewhere around 330.00 but I have run into a problem I can not find a light fixture for 2 uvb 48 in bulbs we did locate a 24 double bulb light fixture will that be sufficient or no my husband thinks Yes Im not so sure! For the water dish I picked a a horse water dish is that good? I really want Bindi to be happy when I bring it home!! Thanks to all for the help!
    Walmart sells huge UVB fixtures, as well as HomeDepot and Lowes.

You can use a single 24" fixture for 1 bulb and just mount it by the basking spot. That should work just fine.

you should be able to get the shop lights that hold 48" bulbs at home depot or orchard supply hatdware, never seen a horse water dish but im just gonna use a cat pan

Quote Originally Posted by AmeivaBoy
    you should be able to get the shop lights that hold 48" bulbs at home depot or orchard supply hatdware, never seen a horse water dish but im just gonna use a cat pan
    I think the horse fish is like a troft or something like that.

I just use concrete mixing pans.