Thread: Reptile Depot

Default Reptile Depot

Anyone purchased an animal from them? I have purchase supplies but never an animal.

Thanks

i purchased a few tegus from them last year at the Sac expo for my former job (crappy pet store) the animals were both healthy and cheaper than anywhere else at that expo (if i remember correctly they were 70 each), i've heard mixed reviews on them but i didnt have any problems and would use them again

You purchased from them in person. That is far different than buying site unseen online, then trusting them to live up to their end of the bargain.

The LA BBB has given them an "F" with 12 of 13 BBB complaints unanswered.

I think I'd rather spend a few extra dollars and buy from Rick, Bobby, Bert or even the folks at LLL Reptile or Reptile Supply.

Going with ReptileDepot.com (also herpfood.com) online for live animals is just too risky for me.

Another bad news vendor is Reptile City...
    Born helpless, naked and unable to provide for himself, Ralph eventually overcame these handicaps to become an arrogant old buzzard in need of love.

I've gotten feeders, a tegu, geckos, snakes for clients and have also directed over 50 clients to them, steve in fact, to order their pets from. No one has ever recieved anything less desireable. I would buy to RD any day and refer anyone. They like others do from time to time ship out a herp that can't handle shipping; who could with ups carrying the box, and those one get sick but over the last 4 years alone, I've never had a bad experience!

deven

(i know this thread is old but...)

i live about 45 minutes from reptile depot and don't have any complaints. granted i have only ordered from their feeder site once and i haven't done so since (the shipment of butterworms got back ordered and never came anyways). They do have friendly staff when i go there
    they know me now after buying loads of worms, crickets, mice, my burmese python, my tegu, and my gf's uromastyx
    all of their animals are in good shape