View Poll Results: Would you buy "The Tegu Community" stuff?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of Course I Would!

8 80.00%
  • Nope. Not Interested.

0 0%
  • Don't Know. Maybe.

2 20.00%

Thread: Contests like herp center does

Default Contests like herp center does

they have contests and whoever wins gets a prize like stuff from rodent pro, UTH, lights, and tanks maby not as extream as tanks but its somthing to think about
    0.2.0 German Shepherds *Khoda* & *Keara*
    0.0.1 Ball python *Akua*
    0.0.1 normal corn *seismo*
    0.0.1 snow corn *sleet*

They normally do that with sponsorship from advertisers and we are not large enough for that kind of sponsorship. I am open for suggestions to raise money to do monthly drawings for Tegu t-shirts or such.

Rick

Rick, you could open up a cafepress.com store and sell "www.thetegu.com" t-shirts, stickers, etc. When there was enough profit made from sales, the money could be used for contest prizes. If you're not familiar with cafepress.com, check it out. You can make your own little "store" selling stuff with you're own logos but they do all the actual printing, shipping, dealing with money, etc. And there's no $$$ money out of pocket to do it. The site should have a cafepress store set up to raise money anyways. But using the proceeds for prizes to give away would be even cooler. It's easy to set up but if you need any help let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    They normally do that with sponsorship from advertisers and we are not large enough for that kind of sponsorship. I am open for suggestions to raise money to do monthly drawings for Tegu t-shirts or such.

Rick

I have seen cafepress.com before and I have had friends order stuff from there. I was actually impressed that the quality was decent after I had heard some bad things in the past.

The problem with using cafepress.com is we would need some images/logos that people would like and would be willing to buy items with those images on them.

If there was enough interest I think it would be a great idea and I would have no problems using and and all profits to buy gifts or prizes for a monthly giveaway, free raffle for members or whatever.

Perhaps we can put together a small committee of people in charge of getting something going. To drum up interest and get people designing some cool images/logos to put on shirts, cups, caps, bumper stickers, etc.

So people.. If we had some people do up some cool shirts, hats, coffee cups, bumper stickers, etc.. would you buy The Tegu Community products from cafepress.com? Vote...

Rick

Can I nominate BeardieDragon to do some of the designs? Got to admit- he posts some really great ones (especially around holiday time)! :lol: Just a thought.

:idea: Why don't we have the first contest be a contest for the "logo". Do the same thing as how the pic of the month is set up. Take submissions for a month and at the end of the month have a poll to pick the best logo. Winner gets the honor of seeing their design become the official logo.

i might it just depends on what there is and if my mom will let me buy stuff off the net
    0.2.0 German Shepherds *Khoda* & *Keara*
    0.0.1 Ball python *Akua*
    0.0.1 normal corn *seismo*
    0.0.1 snow corn *sleet*