Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seals being killed...warning: graphic images

This stuff disgusts me. I would like nothing more than to club those people over the head and see how they like it. Posts like these destroy all remaining hope I have in the human race. (Very little).
    Animals: Too many.

Me too...I have no respect for my species, sad isn't it?
    1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Damien and Miss Priss)
    0.1.0 Crested Geckos (Priscilla)
    2.6.0 Leopard Gecko (Tonka, Rhaco, Hermine, Talia, Kalypso, Serendipity, Faith, and Sprinkles)
    0.0.1 Henkeli Leaf Tail (Houdini)
    0.1.0 Chacoan Black and White Tegu on her w

1. I do not support any seal hunting.

2. Most of the photos posted were staged, posed, and very exaggerated by animal-rights groups...this is not simply a claim by myself, but something that has been proven and documented.

3. Canada and Canadians do not refer to the seal hunt as a sport...it is an industry, one that is mainly driven by European and US demand for seal products.

where do they do this?

Quote Originally Posted by reptilefreak
    I don't even think they are using any part of the seals for anything, just to kill them for sport. The human race never ceases to disgust me.

I dont beleive it's sport, they are simply making a living, agreew ith it or not (which I dont) what other options do they have where they live? People have to do things to eat,make money and live, that's how society works

Correct on the photoshop images.
    Whitecoat seal pups are not killed for sport. They are killed for the coats. Larger seals are not killed in the large numbers that the harp seal pups are. Mainly becuase they are not easily killed. When larger seals are killed, it's for meat, and blubber.
    For the record, clubbing a baby seal in the head with the spiked clubs kills it instantly. How many people kill rats nearly the same way?
    If you look at the numbers, there is a massive amount of harp seals, it's called a 'sustained harvest' because of the population numbers. There's a quota for harvest every year.
    Because they are beautiful white creatures, people identify with them as innocent babies, and don't want them killed. Unfortunately the fur is in demand. Stop the fur demand, and the harvests would stop. It's an industry.
    Personally, it's no more cruel to me than shooting deer, or killing rats. Just because seal pups are cuter doesn't mean that they are somehow exempt from harvest. I kill weanling rats. So do many rat supply places.
    I'm not trying to get flamed, but this is all facts you can look up. Cows are killed in almost the identical fashion for your beef. A sharp blow to the head, with a spike that invades the brain cavity to cause death as near to instantly as possible. For a cow, it's a "humane bolt" but for seal pups, it's a spiked club.
    Seeing pictures of dead skinned seals is icky. So is seeing pictures of dead skinned calves.
    Wolfy
    Raw Bear with Salt tastes like Oysters.

Here,Here!! All Hail the all knowing Wolfy!!! Very Good post

I just wanted to point out that I don't care what the animal looks like, if it's cute or not, I do NOT agree with the killing of any animal (baby or adult) for the use of fur UNLESS the whole animal is being used, and not killing just for the fur.

I realize now after reading a bit that they do eat seals in some places.
    1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Damien and Miss Priss)
    0.1.0 Crested Geckos (Priscilla)
    2.6.0 Leopard Gecko (Tonka, Rhaco, Hermine, Talia, Kalypso, Serendipity, Faith, and Sprinkles)
    0.0.1 Henkeli Leaf Tail (Houdini)
    0.1.0 Chacoan Black and White Tegu on her w

Worry not people, enlightenment of mankind is near.
    This here is among the first steps.

P.s. I promise

A lot of seal meat and blubber is also used as food for the sled dogs around there as well.
    Newborn harp seals don't have much meat or blubber yet though.
    I prefer to see it used, not wasted myself.
    Wolfy
    Raw Bear with Salt tastes like Oysters.