Thread: Tail not shedding ?

Default Tail not shedding ?

I thought I read something on this here, but now I can't find it lol - My Colombian has shed 5 times since I had her, but seems her tail does not. She has a very nice shiny black color to her, however her tail looks as if it has been dipped in a glass of milk - It has always had this milky white appearance to it - Is this normal or something I should be concerned about ? Thanks

It's probably stuck shed. The tail always seems to take longer then the rest of the body to shed. Make sure you soak her periodically and keep her enclosure misted as the humidity will help with the shedding. If the shedding issue does not repair after this, you can try 'rolling' the dead skin off (don't rip it off) with the tip of your fingers and a little bit of shedding aid or light oil (mineral oil, etc).

Rick

I had the same problem with my Colombian when I first got her. The bath worked great I also (like Rick mentioned) drenched her enclosure with water increasing the humidity. This worked great and it seemed to calm her down alittle.

Funny - the day after I posted this, the tail started shedding - Shes looking better

Whenever my tegus are shedding I usually use a little mineral oil on thier toes and tails just to be sure they shed right - works like a charm .
    Elliot

1.2.0 blues
    1.0.0 red
    0.2.0 family

...and way too many fish