Thread: Mr. Magoo

Default Mr. Magoo

Dec. 14, 04 - My early christmas present bought for me by me! I went to work this morning after little sleep. 10:30 came around so I took my break early. I waited for an hour and got back to work late. It's now 11:45 and Fed ex has just arrived at my work so my tegu is probably sitting in her box with heat pack at my door step. I'm not sure if anyone will be home anytime soon to bring her in. I won't be able to get back home untill approx 4:00-5:00pm depending on how quick I finish my math final. Family should be home around 3:00pm which I will call and let them know to bring the box in and put it on my bed. Then I'll snap some quick pictures and return to work. I don't leave work untill 8:00pm tonight so I won't get any more pictures till then. Anyways here's my story till later....

It's Later...1:50pm I called home and there is still no sign of the blue! I gave Ken a call over at Exotic Pets and he said he shipped it standard overnight. My New Blue won't arrive till between 3:00 and 5:00 pm tonight in which it's supposed to get cold. There is a cold pack in with him/her so I can calm down a "little bit". Wish I would of known....I would of paid the extra for shipping to get my blue in the morn!

Finally 5:00pm I was able to go home and pull my new blue tegu out of it's box! She's got alot of growing to do and is nice and thick! You can see she could use some weight though (tiny folds on sides which will soon become non-existant!). He's got great color! I know they aren't supposed to color up untill they reach about 1-2 yrs old but she's got some great blue color already! My dad said she was beautiful, then "how big will he get?" LOL. His Underbody already has some great orange! I'm Really happy with this deal! Ken from Exotic Pets is the man, and I Will be doing business with him again!

12/16/04 - Mr. Magoo takes his first meal, 2 live hoppers. It's really neat the way eat!
    John

Default Update

12/17/04 - Mr. Magoo eats 2 more live hoppers. When he sees the mice are in the cage he jumps into feed mode. After his first meal feed meal disappears and he doesn't care much for the others. He's very lazy about getting his 2nd meal. This time I kept the other 2 hoppers alive and will be seeing if he's interested when I get home from work around 6:00. I still have 2 in the frezzer and these will end up in the freezer if he doesn't eat them. I'm going to start serving him f/t on a plate. I was going to give him a week to settle in but he's begun feeding and doesn't act stressed at all. He's very calm and allows me to pick him up without a fuss! He enjoys sitting on top of my shoulders huddled next to my neck while I walk around or sit on the computer. First interaction with my dog (a maltiese) he toung flicked the dogs nose and the dog went nuts. I put him down on the floor and the tounge went crazy! He slowly walked up to the dog. They both sat there and then the dog started barking. I wouldn't let them get to close because if something did happen he would be no longer do to the parents. Anyways that's it for now.
    John