Thread: Importing/exporting tegus

Default Importing/exporting tegus

Heya all,
    In a couple of years or so (maybe sooner depending on how impatient I get) Im thinking of getting another tegu...unfortunately due to my lease and issues with time I have had to rehome 2 of my tegus, which has been a bit depressing. What Id really like is one or two blue tegus with stacks of white colouring, but they dont appear to be available in England. So, I was wondering what would be involved in importing a couple of these from one of you guys in the US. Alternatively, if anyone is aware of any breeders in Europe, I would love to hear about them (I could possibly arrange pickup in Europe, so that would probably be infinitely cheaper and easier, but again I havent seen any evidence of breeders at the big shows).
    Any advice on how I could eventually get my hands on a couple of blues would be greatly appreciated.
    www.freewebs.com/johelian
    www.freewebs.com/joslittleworld
    ---------------------------------
    1.0.0 Argentine Tegu T.merianae
    3.4.0 Monkey Tailed Skink C.zebrata
    1.0.0 Crawl Cay Boa B.c.imperator
    0.1.0 Royal Python P.regius

I haven't seen any blue babies for sale here in the states and I do look because I also wanted one.

I don't know for sure but I would think someone would need some sort of permit to import/export Tegus.
    I could be wrong so maybe one of the breeders can answer your question.

Good Luck with getting what you want!

Brat!
    Tegu's are like potato chips,you can't have just one!
    I now have 4.

Heya Swtbrat, thanks for the reply!

Youre right, they do seem to be very hard to come by...Ive never seen or heard of any being available in the UK, which sucks! I believe they are CITES II along with the rest of the genus Tupinambis (although Im not entirely certain what theyve been categorised as), so would need suitable paperwork to enter the UK, but really I dont know much else! Luckily Im in no rush, or I would probably be going mad with impatience by now
    www.freewebs.com/johelian
    www.freewebs.com/joslittleworld
    ---------------------------------
    1.0.0 Argentine Tegu T.merianae
    3.4.0 Monkey Tailed Skink C.zebrata
    1.0.0 Crawl Cay Boa B.c.imperator
    0.1.0 Royal Python P.regius