Thread: Shipping a tegu In the heat.

Default Shipping a tegu In the heat.

Im going to shipping a tegu and it is going too florida. Should i use cool packs? And how exactly do I pack a large animal like a tegu? Thanks

First i get a box large enough for him not to be cramped,then i buy a pillow case.Then i would soak the tegu for 45 minutes to maker sure he's hydrated,also don't feed him the day you ship him just so he doesn't go poo or anything in the pillow case.Then i get news paper and crumble pices up and put them in the bottom of the box about half way.then i p[ut the tegu in the pillow case and knot it or use a pull tie and place it in there and fill the rest of the box with crumbled up news papper balls and tape the box up.When the paper starts to try to un crumble in the box it cause a cushion for the tegu in the box plus good breathing room.Well good luck.

Someone had a tegu die during shipping a couple weeks ago, I think because of the heat. I work for FedEx here in MS and the temps have been getting up to 103 the past few weeks, and around 120 or higher in the back of my truck. The best thing would be to have them hold the animal at their station because most hold rooms are air conditioned and open alot earlier than the driver would get to their home.

Well i just shipped a tegu to georgia and it arrived fine.Plus if you shipped it next day air it wouldn't sit in the ups or fed x real long anyway.I use to work for ups and there next day air service is pretty good.

So should I put a cool pack in the box?

I don't think you need a coldpack for overnight shipping.
    I received 2 Tegu's from Fl and they were fine even though they came later then expected.

Brat!
    Tegu's are like potato chips,you can't have just one!
    I now have 4.