Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help, please...-Respitory infection???

Don't get hostile Bud, relax,....... Look at the top of this page, read it, this person is asking for help.....I gave an idea as to help...all you are doing is spewing Negativity, if you are going to comment and you are really a Vet tell this person something useful and not so vain as to attack me.
    AGAIN read the paragraph at the top of this page....a helping comment
    on the sick Tegu is the point..... Did you go to U SUCK UNIVERSITY,Bud?

The best advise is to see a vet immediately. Call around and find one who has experience with tupinambis species. Ask them for references, clients of theirs who have had tegus checked/treated.

I suggest to anyone else reading this who hasn't already done so, find a vet in your area with expereince and do it now before you need one. It's a pain in the, well you know, if you have to find a vet in a pinch.

Though a general reptile vet will be of some assistance, one with experiance with tegus will be more help. One with no experaince with reptiles will do you little to no good. (possibly even cause more harm)

Rick

I am all for freedom of speech but I will not allow The Tegu Community to become a flaming ground. Everyone has a right to their opinions. The opinions have been expressed, but now the flow of the topic is getting disrupted so I ask that we just stick to the point at hand and let everything else just chill.

I thank all for understanding.

Rick

You're not being helpful to anyone if you're giving advice that's incorrect. That's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Don't get hostile Bud, relax,....... Look at the top of this page, read it, this person is asking for help.....I gave an idea as to help...all you are doing is spewing Negativity, if you are going to comment and you are really a Vet tell this person something useful and not so vain as to attack me.
    AGAIN read the paragraph at the top of this page....a helping comment
    on the sick Tegu is the point..... Did you go to U SUCK UNIVERSITY,Bud?

To: Danimal,
    From reading your narrative I agreed that your sick tegu does have a
    respiratory problem as well as other possible problems. From what you described as he is one of a 'Bunch'(2 or 3 my guess) in the enclosure I pictured him/ her as being 8-12 mos. old, in grams I'd guess 100ish +- 10 and he/she having the problem 4-8 days from the appearance of the discharge and thinning out in weight, he/she has probably become rather listless and loosing appetite. Had he/she been handled much in the past week or so?, something got your Tegu ill and it came on fast, I'm thinking
    he/she had some activity out of the tank and was at that time he/she caught the beginnings of some sort of cold/chill. About the Baytril: My thoughts were about what has worked for me and the example of grams I've posted just now and the dosage for the approximate weight I gave,
    I have had a good out come with the Baytril and only meant to help you.
    I was a vet tech in New Mexico and in California, learned allot, still learning saw the beggining of the now reptile craze and it is still going strong, what ever you do have as much fun with reptiles as you can, cool?
    As for these people and the stuff they spew, it's pretty much harmless and silly, what is important is the well being of your beloved Tegu, and when does he/she go to the Vet's?.........Just trying to share.......ok!
    Oh my, getting pop-ups from the Tegu.com site as I write, more wisdom and warm helpful intelligent people making a difference, I'm sure!!(LOL)
    More than likely more Negativity.
    Thanks,
    Alan rajrojas@msn.com

varnyard Guest

Default reptile vet help

This is the easy way to find a reptile vet in your area. Here is a site that has herp vets all over the US,Canada, and a few over seas. Click on this link scroll down until you see your state ect.
    http://www.herpvetconnection.com//