Thread: Pyxie frog video and pics

Default Pyxie frog video and pics

A few pics and a video of HULK eating a rat. I noticed for the first time this afternoon that he is starting to get some yellows under his arms. The camera doesn't show it very well, but it bright yellow fading to a darker yellow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ye2H60rrg

Awe...How cute!!!!!

I waited for this shot to see his underside, but didn't get any of the yellow.

beautiful frog. i have always liked the pixie frog but have never owned one.

haha the feeding pics look like when my friends come over when i feed my tegu. they always say how cute the rat is and then i just throw it in his cage. :twisted:

how much do you feed you pixie a week?
    "To be great is to be misunderstood. . ."

Thanks for the comments. I love pyxies too. I have two of them right now, but plans for a couple more. Hulk eats between 1-2 dozen large crickets and 3-5 nightcrawlers nightly, then a few grub worms here and there, the occasional smaller frog or lizard, and a rodent feast every other week. He has grown so much faster than any of my other frogs. Although I do have an ornate that is growing very rapidly as well. You should get you one of these guys. Ten gallon tank for starters and a 20 long if you get a good male. Very easy to maintain. Just plan on spending some money on bugs and worms

This is an example of his growth rate. 26 Days.
    http://fatfrogs.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=2083

Wow, what a neat creature!

My friend has an Argentine Horned Frog that is rather remarkable in size and age - about 8" in diameter and about 9 years old. She has a similar diet but only eats about once a month now. She is a gorgeous creature much like your Pyxie. Thanks for sharing : )

Cool, I have a few of them myself. They are pretty cool too, just not nearly as actice as a pyxie. This is Nana, she is about ten months old and over 5 inches and seems to still be growing some, just not as fast of course.

And this one is about five months. Just over 4 inches and going through a bit of a growth spurt.