Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Old Post, '05 Tegu Hatchlings

varnyard Guest

I don't think Bert does, but if you want I will find out for you.
    I know him pretty good.

Bert makes his shipments via UPS nextday air. UPS policy states "No international shipments of live animals." which is the only reason I can't ship to Canada or I would be more the happy to do so at no additional cost.

Ron also does not make shipments to Canada, probably for the same reason.

I am currently looking into finding out what is required for me to vend at a Canadian reptile expo that I was informed about. If I can get the tegus over there they will be able to be shipped via UPS in Canada to anywhere within Canada.

Rick

I think that Delta Dash will deliver herps to Canada. It's not cheap though. And it requires dropping off and picking up at the airport. But, if you really want tegus shipped from the US, it might be worth looking into.

varnyard Guest

I talked to Bert he said the shipping depends on the (CITES, laws) if they passed, Then it would be up to Canada to let them in (if they would?).
    And the cost on top of this is sky high, for permits, shipping And inspection fees etc. He also said he would have to make a trip to Atlanta
    Ga to delta.and the cost for the trip alone is $200.00 Because it would take all day.
    He did not say that he would not ship, But there is no telling what they would cost to get there. HIGH DOLLAR TEGUS!

varnyard Guest

It might be best to see if Rick can get it done when he finds out about the Canadian reptile expo, it might be cheaper then. The way Bert was talking it will be expensive for him to do.
    BUT I TRIED

This thread has been moved here to focus on the sales of these tegus and to move it away from the shipping/canada thread.

So for tegu hatchling sales info go Here.

As far as legally getting the tegus into Canada I am looking into it and will start a new thread once I know something.

Rick