Thread: A yo! From Jersey

Default A yo! From Jersey

Hey all,
    Love the site. I am getting my first B&W Tegu on weds. I am so excited and found the forums to be a ton of help. My guy was born in Aug. and I have a 50 G breeder I am going to start him/her in. Mean while, my uncle and I are gonna build a custom cage over my winter break. I hope to share pics then!!! Chat with ya soon and have a good year! :lol:

welcome to the forum.hope you are going to enjoy it as much as i am.it is nice to hear that you are going to have a baby tegu.because they are sooooooo much easier to tame and they look beautiful.mine was born in the summer,too.i had him since about a month now and he is so tame.i hold him a lot.what i usually do is put on two shirts and lay down on the couch and put him/her under one shirt.the first shirt is so he will not scratch me up and the second one is for him to hide under.a lot of times i just let him hide under my shirt with out really touching him to much.i just want him to get used to me and is able to smell me.he sleeps on me like that for an hour or longer.good luck with your baby tegu and i can't wait to see some pictures.

Thanks for the idea txrepgirl! How big is your guy already? Anyways, I don't have my tegu yet but thought I'd share this pic I have of him/her.

Welcome to the forums. You can probably find nearly all of your questions answerred here. Good to see someone from another state where people's accent get made fun of. I say brother all the time, and yous guys and the yoots of America appreciate it. Fuggedaboutit.

lol....well I am from South Jersey and your confusing me with North Jersey haha. Over here it's like living in two different states!!! I do have an accent tho some would say.

Welcome to the money pit!

welcom to the forums :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by nono91
    welcom to the forums :lol:
    Thanks Nono! I get my guy tomorrow morning!! I'll try and take pics for everyone.

nice picture PuffDragon.and your welcome.i have to ask my boyfriend to help me hold leonidas still while i'm going to try to measure him and put him on the scale to see how much he wights.i know i'm taking a long time with putting pictures on the forum (sorry).he is about 3 month old.