Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Substrate Poll

Default Substrate Poll

On the substrate poll my “other” vote if for T-Rex Forest Bed Expandable Substrate in the Giant Size - 12" x 12" x 6"

yah i like that to im using sand right now so he can eat on it but in the new cage it will be wood chips

ps klik said that stuf was crap scuse my french
    0.2.0 German Shepherds *Khoda* & *Keara*
    0.0.1 Ball python *Akua*
    0.0.1 normal corn *seismo*
    0.0.1 snow corn *sleet*

We all have opinions. The poll does not indicate what is best, merely what is most commonly used. Lucky appears fine to me. His toes look ok as does is scales, so I would say the substrate works well if taken care of properly, but as I keep stating, we all have our own opinions on a good many things.

I know I see alot of people take offense to the words 'It's good', 'It's bad', 'It's better', 'It's worse', etc.. I am going to attempt, personally, to stop using words like that as fact. I am going to attempt to break the habit of saying "this is bad" or "this is good" and use instead "this works good for me" or "this didn't work good for me". This will clarify that it is my opinion and that I am not trying to prove something is fact.

Anyways, like I sometimes do, I am rambling..

Rick

Default Well....

I'll stick to the cypress mulch. Mr. Magoo does a good job burrowing under it without a problem! It seems to keep humidity well. I like it, and I think he does as well. "It works good for me!". It's also CHEAP! Half of the reptile products are off the map in price compared to just going to home depot so I'll continue using them! Anyways these are my thoughts!
    John

The reason I like the ground coconut husk is it holds humidity like cypress mulch; borrows and tunnels like dirt with out the mess or mud. The only drawback is it is more expensive then commercial landscaping cypress mulch.

Default cypress mulch

When I built my pens, I got a couple of pallets delivered. Now, I get it at home depot for $1.49 a bag. I found out a secret... If you go in and pay for it, they will bring it out to your car and load it for you. I get 25 bags at a time. It takes a few trips to fill up the pens.

Default Sweet...

I can't wait to come down and check it out!!! can't go wrong with Cypress mulch!
    John

just dont be too disapointed when you get here, most of the reds sleep 'til Feb. and it's too deep to dig them out

Default I guess...

I'll hold off on that trip! I'd rather get a chance to see them out and about! We will work this out!
    John

I feel left out being up here in Maine all by myself. :P

Hmm.. maybe I should raise Snow Tegus, they should do ok out in the snow.. right? lol

Rick