Thread: New Camera

Default New Camera

I recently bought a Canon S5 IS and have been messing around with it. My inexperience with is making the pictures come out mediocre, but a few of the several thousand I've taken now turned out clear enough. Maybe if I can get in enough practice right now, I can get some nice shots of the tegu when he he wakes up.

Scolopendra subspinipes "Mau Chau"

Smeringurus mesaensis

Hadrurus arizonensis

Mastigoproctus giganteus

Mantis

It's difficult balancing the light and all that, since using the flash generally adds a shadow from the lens in macro shots. It's kind of an abrupt shift from a completely point-and-shoot camera to a sub-SLR with a ton of features.

nice pics... i would love to have a mantis.

I have 30 something. Watching them feed is interesting, but getting the fruit flies and pinheads in there is another story.

If you live anywhere where there's a temperate summer, you could easily find eggcases and mantises.

i doubt it... i live in maine. its always im thinking about getting some.. it would be fun.. and id love to use them as feeders for my tegu

Those are some cool pictures.I have to practice using my camera.Looks like you don't need any more practice they look great to me :wink: .

Great pix! Thanks for sharing.
    E

Quote Originally Posted by txrepgirl
    Those are some cool pictures.I have to practice using my camera.Looks like you don't need any more practice they look great to me :wink: .
    Heh, thanks. But the camera has more potential if someone can take this picture - http://flickr.com/photos/10139466@N05/2087750864/ - with a macro attachment on a previous version (S3 IS).

I have a long way to go.

I tried shooting something far a couple days ago. I thought the Moon would be far enough. The 12x zoom and stabilization proved nice when I got some fairly clear shots of it with several craters distinctly visible on the edges.

8O WOW I really have a long way to go.Oh well, at least you can see what is on the pictures that I took and is not all blurry. So for a beginner not bad huh :lol: .