Thread: Whoo-hoo! Successful newt "hunt"!

Default Whoo-hoo! Successful newt "hunt"!

So my husband and I decided that we would go out and look for California newts while on our vacation....and possibly find new newts to keep at home--We had one for almost 6 years- rescued from a swimming pool in Sacramento...(R.I.P., Earl) Anyhow, it was a nice wet, cold day yesterday, we went on a great hike through a muddy canyon. At the very top of said canyon, we found our two new friends! We now have male and female California Newts--We had seen a huge number of them last year in the same spot, but it was smack dab in the middle of breeding season :wink: (mid-April)--I was'nt keen on removing any at that time. I am currently in the process of building them a great home, and as soon as I can, I'll post some pics!

Congrats to your new family members.Can't wait to see some pics.

nice... congrats.. makes me want to get some newts sooo bad.. im gonna get some.. im gonna have to go hunting this spring-fall haha i live out in the country... i havent had any tanks in the past 4 years.. haha im gonan get a crap ton of them.. haha congrats on ur new fam.