Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Besides Lizards - What's your hobby ?

Between School, Work (Reptiles! Go figure), and my pets.. (More of the scaley things).. and those occasional bursts of energy where I actually do chores.. I have no time for hobbies.. but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Tabletop and D20 RPGs
    Gaming.. Shooters.
    Paintball
    Reading (This is my most prevalent hobby.. and yes, it's a hobby.. so few people do it now.. haha)
    Computer Photo and Website design
    Playing instruments
    Obsidian Knapping (That black stone has me hooked)
    and... Entomology/Herpetology.. this leads me to an interesting time.
    Whenever you're out Herping, you should take up Entomology as well, because if you don't find any herps worth the hunt, and you're feeling pretty down.. look under a rock, and you'll find a fascinating world of little jeweled insects.. definately makes the trip worthwhile in the end.
    2.1 Beardies
    1.1 Red Ackies
    1.1 B.C.C.
    -Recouperating-

When I'm not at work, in front of the computer, or playing with the critters or my son, I do manage to get in a little fun time for myself. I'm a huge fan of Blue Man Group and manage to head up to Chicago to usher a show every few months. I also shoot cowboy action style matches- basically, we dress up in old west or civil war era clothing and shoot at steel targets.

well, right now my main hobbies are lifting weights and i just started taking brazillian jiu jitsu and mixed martial arts (ufc fighting)

I am also into tattoos, any kind, as long as its good artwork, i am in the middle of getting my entire right calf inked. its almost done

other than that my hobbies are music, reading, but not fiction, im into things i can learn from. mostly about animals as of late, used to be philosophy, theory, sociology, psych, things like that. Also before i get into anything or when i am into something i will read about it for months, when i first started working out i read about it while i was doing, sometimes for hours a day

when i move out of here i can finally get my snake back (its at my girlfriends house) i can get my tegu and my beardie. I can also get something in the realm of first love which is dogs all bull breeds and mastiffs are my favorites.

You planning on doing any UFC tounaments then cyclone.

I'd absolutely love to try it. Although i'm too old and out of shape these days. Used to love kickboxing when I was late teens /early twenties. Did it for 6 years and got up to Brown belt, but unfortunately my knee gave up on me and basically put a stop to any sort of high impact sport :(

Do love to watch UFC though, when the missus is not around. She finds it a little barbaric for some reason.

yeah eventually i will try and do something along those lines becoming a ufc contender has been something i would love to do for a long time now, i wrestled in highschool and college and figured this was most the most logical style to start at in my quest to doing mixed martial arts, i just miss competition

i had knee surgery when i was 19 (25 now) nothing serious, just a torn meniscus. but i am long since healed or as healed as you can be lol

as for it being barbaric, lol my girlfriend keeps telling me to be careful because it dangerous, which is true she just cares about me so i can understand where you are at with that one

besides reptiles & my pitbulls I restore old mustangs & other old fords, like building choppers ( harley's and rice ) love riding my bike ( which everone I have at the time ) a big music lover and of coarse spending time w/ my wife and 3 children...
    Education is Everything....

Rod,

You lucky bastard! have you ever done any work on old *** Indians?

Nope I sure have not. Atleast not yet..........
    Education is Everything....