Thread: Stuff.. lol

Default Stuff.. lol

I have (apart from my reptiles);

4 x Dogs
    (One Jack Russel, One Labrador, One Collie-Cross, And one Cocka spanial)

2 x Horses
    (1 x Throughobred, 1 x Pieball)

2 x albino male ferrets

2 x Cats, One male, One Female

2 x Female Russian Hamsters

2 x male rats

Tropical and cold water fish

1 x male Budgie

(And Im looking into getting some monkeys!!)

And I have owned many other types of animals in the past.

If anyone wants any tips and advice then just ask.. I live in a very animal orientated family.. and have great knowledge on injuries, illness, and general keeping.

Just thought I could be of any help =]

great Zoo you got going .. haha nice post some pics up?
    0.1.0 Col. Tegu
    0.1.1 Arg. Tegu
    0.2.0 Leos
    0.0.1 Spotted Python
    0.0.1 Painted Turtle

I love ferrets I have rescued quite a few in the past aswell 7 of them little fuzbuts.

Quote Originally Posted by pitsnherps
    I love ferrets I have rescued quite a few in the past aswell 7 of them little fuzbuts.
    I got really worried about my ferrets..
    At one point they had an infestation of mites.. because they're more of my dads pet.. and he went down badly with an illness all summer.. So they only got fed and not cleaned out as much..

One was fine.. the other looked like a scraggly rat. After some mite-killing spray he looked fine.. but then he went downhill again..

This time it wasn't mites.. because the other ferret was fine.. and there was a really large lump on his lower body on top.. We thought that it could be time to put him to rest..

But.. out of no where.. the lump went down, his fur semi grew back (still growing) and hopefully hes fine..

I thought maybe they were fighting.. leading to a cut that got infected and just took time to heal

--

And all my pictures are on my phone.. which is currently in a few pieces lol.. I'll try find my digital camera and upload some if you want (^.^)

Ferrets get sick pretty easy we rescued one ferret at 8 monthes old and he died before he was a year old from a cancer tumor.
    I wish I still had a pair but I moved back into my parents house and no Fuzzy pets Im still trying to convince them to let me get a chinchilla.
    I had a sugarglider but his mate pastaway and then the other died they were very cool pets.

Yeah, They're similar to rats.

They're good at defending there selves against disease if they have been wild all their lives because they build up immunities, but if kept domestically, then they seem to get sick real easy.

Rats are more or less known for getting tumours.. usually brain so I've heard, hopefully we wont have that problem with our dumbo rats

well, I thought my ferret was getting better..
    Turns out he wasn't.
    went to feed him tonight and found him stone dead.
    It was kinda inevitable.. he looked as if he was going that way.. at least hes not suffering now though..

The other ferret seems abit down about it.. they were best buddies.

nothing lives forever I suppose