Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golden Tegu picture, Argentine or Columbian?

I speak french but it does not sound as good as you and I can not write it well at all :(

I am sensitive when it comes to colombians because of my luv for angelrose and her ways :P
    but I believe it was you originally who taught me about 'generally speaking' and I think about what you wrote to me about that everytime I am reading and it has helped a great deal
    thank you Ben :wink: :wink: :wink:
    1.0.0 Argentine Tegu
    0.1. Colombian Tegus
    1.0.0 Genetic Stripe Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Albino/Lav Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Normal Dwarf Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Platinum Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Tiger Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Normal Burmese Python

No problem!!!!

Yes generally speaking is a good thing to have an idea of choosing a specimen, but it's not always right, I.e. people are giving a lot of bad comment about every monitor that they are agressive and very nasty, but most of them bought one and let it alone into his enclosure without handling or human contact. When they try to reach it up one day,they are bitten. Do monitors bad pets? I don't think so, but it takes a lot of work, like every reptile, If you do take care if him, of course he will be adorable.

In the other way, they are some exceptions, 8O It's possible to have the worst bearded dragon as compared of generally who are the easier tamable pet. Same thing with nile monitor, generally they are suppose to be so nervous and agressive :twisted: , but I saw some video on internet making them so big and lovely. :o

I have an exceptionnal blue tongue skink, very nervous as compare of other one :( . Maybe it was a bad luck, but maybe that one day, he will be tame how I want. :!:

Good luck with your reptile !!!
    Ben
    0.1.0, 2007, Bearded Dragon (Uresaii)
    1.0.0, 1999, Hermann Tortoise (Tama-chan)
    0.1.0, 2007, Redfoot Tortoise (Kame-chan)

Got msn? If you want to talk to me just leave me a private message !

Quote Originally Posted by meanah
    hey i started with my colombian and shes a sweet heart. people dont give colombians a good name. cause people dont have the time or patience for them. i have got mine quite friendly within 2 months.
    I met Meanah, his girlfriend and Isis (his colombian) at the Maine Herp Society meeting this past weekend. Isis is a very healthy looking colombian, and I was surprized at how mellow it was. It was even pretty calm as I flipped her over to check for cloacal bumps. It just goes to show, with enough work.. they can be tamed down.

Rick

Thank you Rick.. it has taken much much work. i just cant wait to see how she'll be at one year. but i cant wait. pete was the wo"man"
    0.1.0 Col. Tegu
    0.1.1 Arg. Tegu
    0.2.0 Leos
    0.0.1 Spotted Python
    0.0.1 Painted Turtle

GOT_TEGUS01 Guest

Default colombians

I love the colombians too. with some years around colombians gold and B&W My opion is if you raise any of the tegu species from babies they can all be tame Ive had nile monitors that were dog tame its all up to you. build trust , handle carefully. some taming methods. At one reptile show I bought 15 gold tegu babies 1 red tegu and 1 Argentine B&W of all the baby gold tegus were more docile than the others. the red tegu being 3 feet the B&W around 2 foot. like i said all up to the keeper how tame a tegu or other species can be.
    GOOD LUCK
    jeff

:arrow: thank you
    1.0.0 Argentine Tegu
    0.1. Colombian Tegus
    1.0.0 Genetic Stripe Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Albino/Lav Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Normal Dwarf Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Platinum Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Tiger Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Normal Burmese Python