Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ..please help.. my tegu has a broken leg :(

I think you've just solved my problem too.
    My monitor seems to have problems with his foot, and it sounds awful familiar like the situation you had, because I thought it was broken too. I went to see a guy who knew alot about reptiles, not a vet, just a guy. My instinct was right, just keep an eye on it and feed him lots of calcium, thanks, saved me a trip to the vet! =]

I think you've just solved my problem too.
    My monitor seems to have problems with his foot, and it sounds awful familiar like the situation you had, because I thought it was broken too. I went to see a guy who knew alot about reptiles, not a vet, just a guy. My instinct was right, just keep an eye on it and feed him lots of calcium, thanks, saved me a trip to the vet! =]
    .. well im gladd i could help you out davii, and any triped saved to the vet is money saved!! although my suggestion to you is get him liquid calcium and inject .1 ounce into his his mouth once a day, along with a nice UVB light and he should be good to go.... lol i feel like an expert on this now!
    well good luck.
    mike.

I dunno where you can buy liquid calcium, but he has a nice strong 100w basking spot light that he goes under all the time.

I need to control his diet.. hes getting a fat little so and so =p

I've seen Liquid UV, I'll have a look for liquid calcium in my next trip to the pet store

Thanks, Davii =]

Hi Mike. Glad to here your tegu's going to be OK. Hope he heals up nicely. Good Luck and let us know how he's doing.

good news, he is going to heal and be healthy
    I go to PetsPlus store to get the liquid calcium (it's a small bottle easy to miss ). good luck
    1.0.0 Argentine Tegu
    0.1. Colombian Tegus
    1.0.0 Genetic Stripe Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Albino/Lav Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Normal Dwarf Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Platinum Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Tiger Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Normal Burmese Python

Hi Mike.I'm glad to hear that your Tegu is doing good.Thanks for keeping us posted.