Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discoid roaches

Default Discoid roaches

so my mom is letting me try roaches as feeders for my beardie, firebellied toad, and soon a crested gecko.

are they good at escaping? my mom will freak if she finds a roach in our house. dead or alive.

i am getting some Discoid roaches. are their anything i need to know about these before i get them?

will a bearded dragon be able to eat the adults if the babies live to be full grown?

Discoids are none climbers on smooth surfaces so you can keep them contained easy.Yes a adult beardie will have no problem munching down on adult discoids.I have a good size colony of dubia,hissers and turks all my beardies love them :wink: They can take awhile to get breeding but once they do they take off.

zeke.I just want to welcome you to our Tegu forum family.

I know that Rick, the website administrator, swears by them.
    Renee

you got me lost Tegster.What do you mean ?

rick has discoid roaches.. ive talked to him as well about buying a colony. for feeders when i am done with mice. which will be soon. they will all die. haha food.
    haha well the ones rick have discoid roaches. cant jump, fly, hiss, have wings, he said he can keep them in a rubermaid tub and they cant get out.
    0.1.0 Col. Tegu
    0.1.1 Arg. Tegu
    0.2.0 Leos
    0.0.1 Spotted Python
    0.0.1 Painted Turtle

is there any places in the london ontario area where i can buy discoid's or small chicks?
    Goals:100 posts DONE!
    :200 posts OWNED
    :300 posts i dunno someday :S

get ahold of rick i bet he could ship if needed. for roaches. but for the chicks go to rodentpro.com? thats all i could guess
    0.1.0 Col. Tegu
    0.1.1 Arg. Tegu
    0.2.0 Leos
    0.0.1 Spotted Python
    0.0.1 Painted Turtle

Yeah-what Meanah said

I haven't been able to spend much time here the last couple of days, every time I get on, I'm needed to run and help somewhere else in the house!
    Renee

Talking about roaches, we dont have roaches in the city where I live so I've never seen one face to face, but yesterday I was walking on the street and there was one of about 2 inches! I just couldnt believe it haha! It probably came into a vehicle from another city! I took a few pics of her, here is one: