Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of my cage (partially done)

I wanted to go bigger on my cage and really "trick" it out, but unfortunetly I live in a shoe box sized apartment so I'm struggling with space issues as is, but oh well maybe some day I would love to build them some funky cool custom waterfall.

its very easy. since we have very similar cages, i removed the back wall and put a 2nd frame onto the back and attached the back wall to it. it looks like frankencage. but the tegus dont care

So i got the cage to my house and low and behold its too big by 3 inches to get in the door >__< I hate my apartment complex so much right now. Damn damn damn for not going 6 feet instead of 7 sigh.

I'll keep you posted on my nightmare over the course of the next day or 2

8O :( .I'm sorry to hear that it didn't fit.Maybe it would work if you just take one of the sides of ( top,bottom or one of the sides ).Good luck and hang in there.

The cage is finished and in my apartment. Now I just need to decorate it with some bitchin stuff. I'm going to go out tomorrow and drop like 200 bucks on fake plants logs, hides etc etc I'll post pics of the finished product in a day or 2

congrats dude. i know how u feel i have my cage 90% done. i just have to put on the windows and seal the outside. and im done.. gah i cant wait
    0.1.0 Col. Tegu
    0.1.1 Arg. Tegu
    0.2.0 Leos
    0.0.1 Spotted Python
    0.0.1 Painted Turtle

Default The cage is finished!

I finally finished the cage! Well sort of, the cage itself is done and moved in and decorated unfortunately in the process of moving it in I some how fried my custom made light switch. So I have a temporary heat source in there for them now but the basking and inferred light switch box needs to be replaced I will do it tomorrow. My tegu's were so happy at first and absolutely ecstatic about their cage but now they are a little scared since
    it's new to them and a big new place they are unfamiliar with so I'm going to give them a week to settle in relax and enjoy the new home. My biggest though (the male/lizzie) is already playing inside the new log I bought him and poking his head out of all the holes like a gopher and playing with all his new natural toys. But enough chatter here's the pictures of the finished product!

Background info: I have a male female pair. About 8-9 months old best guestimate. They are b/w argentine tegu's. The basking uva/uvb is a whopping 275 watts so 110 degrees should be np. I'm going to buy a temp adjuster plug in adapter to control the heat outtage so they don't fry tomorrow. The bulb cage cover= chicken wire screen. Everything else is self explanitory.

Stars and Planets that glow in the dark, cheesy but looks cool! And lets my tegu's watch the stars at night -The tape is ghetto but only temporary until I can buy more sticky putty from the store-

Outside view of completed cage...

Lizzie poking his head out of a hole in the log

Cage view from one angle

Temp/Humidity reader for cool side and hot side

Waterfall/ Drinking water

Another head shot of lizzie

Basking area

Another view

looks fantastic.
    my only adjustment would be to pitch the guard from the light. it just gives them something to hang on and get burned, atleast the bulbs are slick and the cant hang on them.
    great work

Wow your enclosure is so awesome!
    Ben
    0.1.0, 2007, Bearded Dragon (Uresaii)
    1.0.0, 1999, Hermann Tortoise (Tama-chan)
    0.1.0, 2007, Redfoot Tortoise (Kame-chan)

Got msn? If you want to talk to me just leave me a private message !

beautiful cage. ahaha nice Planets haha
    0.1.0 Col. Tegu
    0.1.1 Arg. Tegu
    0.2.0 Leos
    0.0.1 Spotted Python
    0.0.1 Painted Turtle