Thread: Pac Man Frog Advice

Default Pac Man Frog Advice

We bought him yesterday and I know they don't move around a lot but I just wanted to check something out. I have seen him eat and he is alert but he has literally since last night only moved about 3cm and he has shown no interest in getting into either of the 2 shallow water bowls we have put in there for him to soak in.

He is on a substrate of orchid bark chip at the moment which retains the moisture anyway but we drench this throughly to keep it nice and wet for him.
    1.0.0 Louie Our Red Argentine Tegu
    1.0.0 Jorge Our Beardie
    1.0.0 Charlie Our Yemen Chameleon
    1.2.0 Romeo, Juliet & Duchess Our Leopard Geckos
    3.0.0 Oscar, Kruger & Rocky Our Fire Bellied Toads

mine would stay in the same spot until i cleaned the cage, even when feeding he would wait for you to drop it near him or he would wait for the food to come to him

Thanks Jose - That puts my mind at rest as I was a little concerned as i keep reading that they love to soak etc etc.
    1.0.0 Louie Our Red Argentine Tegu
    1.0.0 Jorge Our Beardie
    1.0.0 Charlie Our Yemen Chameleon
    1.2.0 Romeo, Juliet & Duchess Our Leopard Geckos
    3.0.0 Oscar, Kruger & Rocky Our Fire Bellied Toads

It all depends on the frog. I have some pac man frogs that LOVE the water and some that only poo and shed in the water. LIKE I SAID Depends on the frog..

Also I dont understand what kind of substrate you are using but the BEST kind is Coco-fiber it comes in a compressed brick and expands when water is added. Whatever you do DONT USE ANY MOSS!!!!!!!!! If you have any questions regarding your horned frog or ANY other frogs feel free to ask.