Thread: Pac Man Frog Feeding

Default Pac Man Frog Feeding

After reading on the net that Pac Man frogs eat constantly I am a little worried that ours is not a constant eating machine (not that I would feed him constantly!!!)

Feeding him every other day he probably will eat about 2 out of the 4 crickets we put in there and the other 2 end up belly up in the water dish!!

Tried to tempt him with a wax worm tonight but he just wasn't interested, concerned his apetite is not spot on!!!
    1.0.0 Louie Our Red Argentine Tegu
    1.0.0 Jorge Our Beardie
    1.0.0 Charlie Our Yemen Chameleon
    1.2.0 Romeo, Juliet & Duchess Our Leopard Geckos
    3.0.0 Oscar, Kruger & Rocky Our Fire Bellied Toads

how long have you had him?

Hi Jose

Since Sunday
    1.0.0 Jorge Our Beardie

hello,how are you?
    I have had tons of animals and the teg is the first one I have ever had that ate so soon after arriving, tree frogs , other lizards and snakes can take a while to settle in, I don't think the pac man is on a hunger strike he needs to overcome the shock of a new environment .

I have kept a few pac man frogs , like 6 total from babies to small dinner plate size one's I had one pac man that would only eat pinkies and fish nothing else no insects it was tuff he ate one cricket the whole time i had him , he would jump for pinkis but let crickets crawl all over him

He is still quite small, I would say about 2" all round. I might try him with a pinkie mouse and see if he will take to it. You don't think he is too small for one do you : Sorry to keep bothering you but it's great that there is someone on here with experience. Also how often should his food be vitamin powder dusted would you recommend :

I think you are right about the adjustment thing as he was high up on a shelf in the shop we bought him in, in like a tupperware box full of moss, when we took the lid off it was full of little black fly so to now be in a big tank we lots of space and fresh water etc might be a bit of a shock to the system.

I just want to make sure he is happy is has now burrowed himself down into the bark so you can only see the top if his head and that is where is has stayed for the last day and a half but I think he must have nabbed a cricket or 2 as they have passed by as they have definately disappeared.

Many Thanks Jose for all your kind help
    1.0.0 Jorge Our Beardie

the pac man frog is more of a mouth than a frog anything that is his size or smaller he will try to eat, ask for a small pinky to to try my pacman while i was cleaning my pac mans cage once i had him in with a larger tree frog for five minutes and when i came back he had eaten the tree frog that was larger than him,
    this is off topic but I am glad to see another red owner i love tegu's but man the black and whites are taking over

:lol: :lol: :lol: You have just got to love the Reds :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for all the Pac Man advice Jose it is much appreciated :!:
    1.0.0 Jorge Our Beardie