Thread: fake crab meat?

Default fake crab meat?

anyone ever use it? i saw some at walmart today and i wanted to see if it would be ok for them.

http://ask.yahoo.com/20030110.html
    a link of what is in it..
    0.1.0 Col. Tegu
    0.1.1 Arg. Tegu
    0.2.0 Leos
    0.0.1 Spotted Python
    0.0.1 Painted Turtle

Its made out of fish, I personally think it would be ok in small quantities.
    1.0 African Rock Python
    0.1 Savu Python
    1.2 Cornsnakes
    0.0.1 Diadem Ratsnake
    0.0.1 California Kingsnake
    0.0.1 Argentine b/w tegu
    0.0.1 Bearded Dragon
    2.1 leopard Geckos
    0.1 wife
    1.1 Children

thats what i was thinking.. its not going to be an everyday thing..at most once a week if that.. im still trying to get 2 more meals for them. i try to give them a different meal for each day of the week.
    0.1.0 Col. Tegu
    0.1.1 Arg. Tegu
    0.2.0 Leos
    0.0.1 Spotted Python
    0.0.1 Painted Turtle

Tegus are opportunistic feeders and will eat just about anything they can get their jaws around and down their throats, but be cautious what you do feed them. Just because they'll eat it don't make it good for them. Fake crab meat is much like a seafood hotdog, not saying it's bad, probably just not good. Let us know how it goes.

It's this part that concerns me:

" Many ingredients are added to the surimi to give it a stable form, appealing texture, and crab-like flavor. Sugar, sorbitol, wheat or tapioca starch, egg whites, and vegetable or soybean oil can all help improve the form of the surimi. Natural and artificial crab flavorings are added, and some of these flavorings are made from real crab or from boiled shells. Carmine, caramel, paprika, and annatto extract are often used to make the crab's red, orange, or pink coloring. Imitation crab is cooked, which helps set the surimi and give it the final texture and appearance. Nutritionally speaking, surimi is not that different from real crab, although it is lower in cholesterol."[/b]

yeah that was the reason i am not quite sure if i wanna feed them that.. but idk.. ill prolly try it. but they arent going to have it often.. if they do.
    0.1.0 Col. Tegu
    0.1.1 Arg. Tegu
    0.2.0 Leos
    0.0.1 Spotted Python
    0.0.1 Painted Turtle