Thread: A soon to be tegu owner, I hope

Default A soon to be tegu owner, I hope

Hello all, id just like to say hello and wanted to ask you guys if there is a reliable online breeder to buy a black and white tegu. I cant really find a specific place locally, Im never really local for one spot any more either too. Im a traveling archaeologist that ends up in weirdest parts of the world. I know, from the documents moving a tegu around might not be the best idea. When I take a job I usually stuck there for several months then drive to another spot, fly or go by boat.
    Im a American archaeologist so I dont get to go over seas as much as I want. I have my house to care for one with a friend who is a herbatilogists ( Did I spelled that correctly?)that rents out a room. I have a good reference if it gets sick or something happens.

Anyway, im stuck in Sheridan Wyoming for half a year and iv been hunting for a Tegu for a good while now, read alot of literature and I fell in love with the Tegu. If you guys can offer some advice on locating a reliable online breeder close by to where I am now or somewhere that I can trust to deliver or I can drive to on a weekend off please let me know.

I thank you all and hope to hear from you soon

Hi garrett6034.Welcome to the Tegu forum family.You found the right place to get a lot of infos from and the admin of this forum is also a breeder of some very tame Tegus.I'll give you his info at the end of this post.I know you would like to have a Tegu ( I don't blame you,we have two argentine black and whites and I love them so much ) and I don't want to be rude but since you are moving a lot I don't know if it would be a good idea on getting one because they need a very large enclosure and taking it with you where ever you go might be a big pain in the butt.If you get one and would leave it with some one make sure they know what they are doing.If you have a Tegu you have to spend a lot of time with them if you want it to turn out to be a tame Tegu.Please make sure that you read as much as you can about them before getting one.Thanks.

http://www.thetegu.com/contact-admin.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz5mv...eature=related

This last video is Rick with his Tegu ( the breeder )