Thread: Pet store in Sheridan, Wy

Default Pet store in Sheridan, Wy

I went into this pet store, normally where I buy my crickets for my albino pac man frog while im working in this state.

Well I noticed half of their fish they sale are dying or dead and they have some reptiles like a water dragon and a chinese dragon lizard, even a hatchling savanna monitor separated, but in very very small 4 maybe 5 gal containers, looks like those breeder containers for small reptiles or to keep small eggs in. I seen the savanna a few weeks earlier it was moving around and trying to get out. Now it looks like it just lies there bathing in its shelterless box like its half or near death. When I tap its tiny pin to see if its still alive it takes a few minutes to respond, but it only opens its eyes and doesnt move its body at all.

Im thinking if its still alive after my first paycheck ill buy the poor little thing and give it something alot bigger and properly care for it. They only wanted fifty for it and spending around 100 or so dollars plus what I already own to give it a good home and keep it out of their hands might be best.

My question now is, I still want my tegu. Can I make a pen in the future to house both a tegu and a savanna together for when the time comes ( I say this when they get much bigger) or just keep them separate?

hi garrett6034, keep them separate. both have different needs and different husbandry.

and I would turn that pet store in quicker then I could bat an eyelash.