Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tame Arg. B&W tegu Still up for adoption (Not for sale!)

Hey, if I understand it, you'll send the tegu for the cost of shipping? I'm in SD and very interested. email me at greentriple@hotmail.com

:x I will not be sending out the teg after all the UPS in town has denied my shipment insurance to send it to a James Harlan I which I thought he was finally going to a good home and that went south again so I guess I will have to keep him or try in late september or early october do to Temps In Lake Havasu City, AZ (114) :(

I evan had a ice pack set up and foamed the inside and everything. I lost money just trying to make sure he had the right shipping box. :x

Alek, there are other shipping methods, Talk with Rick, see if he can suggest something.

I am about to just give up and keep him. I am also going to just wait till it gets cooler out here.

Has this baby found a home?

Hi JenniLynn.Welcome to the Tegu forum family.Are you new to Tegu or do you already have one ?

I've been "peeking" at this site for awhile and finally joined. I have a 7-8 year old b/w that I rescued 6 years ago, I have a b/w yearling and 3 extremes that I got this year. I do educational shows at schools, churches and anywhere else they want me and my "Lucy" is their favorite. I saw your ad and thought if you still had him he sounded perfect for our house. I'm guessing on Lucy's age because she was grown when I got her-she is on the small side she was not cared for properly and had a sever case of MBD which lift her front legs very bowed and twisted, but she doesn't know it! Now she is a very happy lap baby. I used to live in Mesa and moved to here,Ga in 1988 but Arizona will always be home!

The Tegu that is or was up for sale is Alek's Tegu not mine. 8O wow you have allot of Tegu's.Do you have separate enclosures for all of them or do you have them free roam in a room and have it set up like a enclosure ? we have two arg. b/w Tegu's and we are getting a different Tegu hatchling about in a week.Do you have any pics of your Tegu's.That would be great.Thanks.It's nice to see that you joined us.

Sorry, I don't think I paid attention to who sent me the message-still working out the forum kinks in my head, so ignore most of what I said!! My biggest "Lucy" is in a 6x8 enclosure. Two are alone in other cages and two are together in another cage. Once they are grown I would like to do a free roaming room for them, but their size differences won't allow it at this time.
    Tegus are like potato chips-you can't have just one!

JenniLynn

that's OK.It happens to me sometimes,too.Yea,I heard of that Potato Chip thing before.There was another one that I heard of before and I think it went like this.Tegu's are like M&M's you have to have one of each color :lol: .Thanks for the info by the way.