Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: You Know Your a Herper When ...

I'm glad you love this thread. I don't stop cooking. We don't want to eat some burnt food lol.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

when you have to bleach the bathtub daily cause there was poop in it and now the kids need a bath...
    when you go to the store and say to your friend... wow i am glad to know they sell (insert random obscure animal part) here im gonna come back friday and get some of that...
    when your boyfriend begins vacuuming up the moths that have cultivated from your bugs substrate
    when you make dinner for you the kids and a weeks worth of diets for the tegu
    when you ask yourself if i get this can the kids and the tegu eat it?
    Gnat
    "I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it"~Edith Sitwell
    "Nothing brings people together like a mutual hatred"~ Henry Rollins

Lol. That's a good one. I try to keep things clean, too. But to be honest with you I never cleaned my bathtub every day like I do now since we have the lizrds lol. The other day I went to the store and bought a big bag of Sardines. A guy asked me how I cook them. I sad " I don't cook them. I thaw them out and then give them to my lizards " . The look on his face was priceless lol. He asked me what kind of lizards I have. I told him that we have five Tegus and a black throat monitor. I told him how big they get and gave him my youtube channel info. He looked at me again like I'm nuts lol. I love it.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

Or when you want to buy a meat grinder for your Kitchenaid mixer and you ask the seller if you can grind up some bones, too. So you can feed it to your lizards lol. I just did that on eBay lol.

Our videos :

A strange thing just happened. We just ordered some Chinese delivery guy just asked me if we have any lizards when he droped of the food lol. I have no clue how he knows that we have some lizards. I gave him my username to my youtube channel and he had a big smile on his face ( he's very young ). I'm surprised he never asked me/us this before.

Our videos :

I had that issue in my apartment, all my cages were in the living room which the front door opened right to, so any door to door people or delivery people always did a double take. usually one of the first things I get when people come in my living room "what all do you have going on in here?" most of mine are small though so unassuming cages but multiple none the less..
    Bearded Dragon (2001) Valcore
    Box Turtle (found 2006) Panzer
    Albino Cornsnake (2011) Dante
    White's Tree Frog (2012) Cake
    Tiger Legged Monkey Frog (2012) Unnamed
    Columbian Tegu (2012) Achilles
    Ball Python (2012) Poe

Basset Hounds Snickers (2000-2011 RIP), Leonidas (2009), Murphy (2010), Theodora (2011).

When we open our door you can't see the enclosures unless you are right by the doorstep. Two of them are of to the side.

Our videos :

This topic is my favorite! Reading thru most of these I keep wondering who put up the camera in my house LoL...

Some to Add-

You know you're a Herper when:
    -In the summertime your bathtub houses your incubator (P.S. We're in tx)
    -There's a 40 in every room... 40 oz bottle of hand-sani that is!
    -People stop by every month just to see what's new
    -The only magazine not in your bathroom but out on the table is Reptiles
    -Rubbermaid is your preferred brand for hide/lay boxes
    -There is a tank in every room in your house (and a few outside, for those warm sunny days)
    -Your pet insurance is more than your own
    -When friends bring their kids over because it's cheaper and cooler than a day at the zoo
    -You don't hide your gram scale

Alright, those are my two cents LoL.. I'm done for now

Default Re: You Know Your a Herper When ...

When your wife yells at u for mixing the tegu food with the family food lol

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Your husband yells at you for feeding the lizards "good people food"
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle