Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi, help i rescued a red!!!

Hello adjour. I am new here as well. I can't believe all the horrible things that are wrong with such a young tegu. I mean, he is only about a foot long and he has severe infections and multiple toe amputations....

It is great that you are taking on the responsibility for this animal. What the hell did the guy who had him do for him... nothing.....Did he leave him for a month without any care at all. This kind of thing makes me furious. I mean, an animal doesn't ask to live with you, if you pic them, you need to have the means to raise them. This sounds like a level beyond neglect, this sounds like out right abuse.

Too bad the aspca doesn't pay him a visit. I mean, there is probably not much they can do, but a visit to scare the guy might prevent him from doing this to other animals.

Rob

First I would like to welcome every one that is new to this forum.It's always nice to have some new additions to our family.

8O poor little Tegu.Thank God that you are taking care of him now.God bless you for that.I also want to wish you good luck with him.Is he basking at all.Because if he is not basking than his metabolism isn't working right and he will not wanting to eat.Try to give him a little bit of ground turkey ( at room temps ) or some nice stinky fish filets :lol: like cod,catfish,salmon,tuna or tilapia and mix it with some hard boiled egg and fruit ( sweet fruit like a slice of banana or strawberries ).Please keep us posted.Thanks.