Thread: fuzzies in Bulk

Default fuzzies in Bulk

Where can i get fuzzies in bulk for a cheap price.
    Tyler

Default Re: fuzzies in Bulk

Quote Originally Posted by repticfan1389
    Where can i get fuzzies in bulk for a cheap price.
    rodentpro.com has decent prices and great quality. You may be able to find them cheaper somewhere else. But to me quality is far more important than price.[/u]

ok thanks I will check them out.
    Tyler

I have not had good luck with the quality from RodentPro.
    The mice and rats I bought were all frozen together, meaning they had partially thawed at some point. They were also covered in urine and feces. There were actually feces frozen to the mice. The mice and rats were also all balled up. I had to straighten them after thawing so my snakes could swallow them.

I prefer the quality from Big Cheese Rodent Factory better.
    Everything I have gotten from them has been clean. The rats and mice are laid out in styrofoam meat trays and vacuum sealed. They come apart easily so I can take out just as many as I need of each size without having to thaw the entire bag.
    Here is a Link to their site. The only drawback I have found, you must call to place the order.
    My two cents.
    Shari

That's very unusual for them. I've order literally 1,000's mice from them at this point and gotten nothing but 100% high quality mice packaged and shipped better than any other place I've ever used (and I've been working with herps for half my life now). Sorry to hear that your experience with them wasn't so great. But that's not (at least in my experience) the norm. I've never used Big Cheese, so I can't comment on how they compare. Maybe I'll give them a try next time just to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Shari
    I have not had good luck with the quality from RodentPro.
    The mice and rats I bought were all frozen together, meaning they had partially thawed at some point. They were also covered in urine and feces. There were actually feces frozen to the mice. The mice and rats were also all balled up. I had to straighten them after thawing so my snakes could swallow them.

I prefer the quality from Big Cheese Rodent Factory better.
    Everything I have gotten from them has been clean. The rats and mice are laid out in styrofoam meat trays and vacuum sealed. They come apart easily so I can take out just as many as I need of each size without having to thaw the entire bag.
    Here is a Link to their site. The only drawback I have found, you must call to place the order.
    My two cents.
    Shari

My parents saw my need for rodents and they saw that I had to pay $2.00 each sometimes locally when I was in a pinch. They started breeding some rodents to save me a few bucks and to make a few themselves. They now sell to many of the local petshops as well as too herpers locally. I guess I am pretty lucky, when my supply of feeder rodents is low I can just go to my parents and pick up a few hundred fuzzies.

Rick

Default Big cheese

I'm confused with the price chart on Big Cheese rodents?

What are you having trouble with?

Price list is laid out in a table -
    Across the top is the number of rodents (total - combining all sizes rats and mice)
    Below that is the price per rodent you will pay if buying that particular quantity.
    The far right column is the number of rodents per package.

If you were to buy 500 adult mice you would pay .43 cents a mouse or $215.00 for 20 packages of 25 mice.

You could also buy 100 adult mice, 100 pinkies, 100 fuzzies, 100 hoppers and 100 small rats. The price for the adult mice would still be .43 cents a mouse.

Hope that helps,
    Shari