Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ball python

thats awful! i'm sorry to hear that. mine was regurgitating rats too, int he rare case that he would actually eat.
    but i think that perhaps the reason he was so picky was because he was constipated or something. i fed him the other day and after he ate, he chilled in the weirdest slinky pose for hours and then took the biggest crap i have ever seen. now he seems happier.

Thanks corn-ball.I'm glad to hear that yours is doing better.

k theres this petstore i seen selling ball pythons for $50 and comes with 10 free feedings they look healthy and very active.. are they suppose to be active during the day? i'm still tihnking if i should get it from this store or what =] i get paid tomorrow yay!!!!

they sometimes can be active in the day that is a realy good deal if they r healthy i payed 40 for mine and mice r like 2 dollers a pice here so u r like getting 5 free
    one arg b&w tegu oreo
    4 dogs ruby, jake, and of corse my rolie
    3 rabbits
    7 chickens
    2 ducks
    and 4 breeder rats

Here are a few tips that might help you with your new ball python.
    1. feed in a closed cardboard box, this will sometimes help with secretive snakes that refuse to feed while being watched.
    2. never feed inside their enclosure.
    3. if they have a bad shed because of a lack of humidity in their cage you can put them in a pillowcase with a rock or something to rub against and place it in your bathtub with a little bit of warm water.
    4. always wait a day after feeding before you hold them, this can cause regurgitation and stress that can affect future feeding habits, shedding, etc.

They make great pets, I hate I had to get rid of mine. Trying to get my wife to buy me an albino for Xmas!

i wanna house mine in either a rubbermaid or sterilite tub. i was wondering how big should i get it??? is there a good vid u guys can share?? thank you

i suppose you can do that but you're really supposed to have an enclosure thats big enough for the snake to stretch out completely. what would you use for a top? would the rubber/plastic melt under the heat of a lamp?

also, that stuff is lame in my opinion. it's great to be able to observe your snake slinking about in a realistic environment as opposed to "Hey, whats in that laundry bin?" "My snake." "Oh cool."

dont breeders keep them in tubs though?? and run a heat tape under thats what i was thinking is it bad?? cause i have a glass enclosure 4 feet long outside but it has a couple crack on the bottom because of the heating pad i put under =X

Hi justin, did you take a look at boamaster.com ? this is where I go.
    1.0.0 Argentine Tegu
    0.1. Colombian Tegus
    1.0.0 Genetic Stripe Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Albino/Lav Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Normal Dwarf Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Platinum Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Tiger Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Normal Burmese Python

yeah breeders keep them in tubs, but they also sell them to people who put them in nice encloures. well i dunno.. it's just my opinion. seems like a snake in atub is less of a companion and more of a specimen.

i'm saying the crack could be easily fixed. few layers of newspaper could be fine, depending on the severity of the crack...