Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: breeding Blaptica dubia Roaches

Default breeding Blaptica dubia Roaches

any tips on breeding them??? im planning on purchasing them. and i want to know as much info as i can before i buy thank you

justin

Honestly, it's really easy. All you need is a bin, small heat source, food and water source and that is all. These guys thrive on neglect lol and will do everything else themselves. Here is a video I made that will help you get setup: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...32147440&hl=en
    That's the thing about being taken under the wing of a dragon. It's warmer than you'd think.

thats a pretty cool ed video I am still scared about them getting out and breeding in my house :lol:

is you're house over 90 degrees?

ohh, wait, arizona, nevermind. you live in the armpit of the world.
    (i was born in Phoenix)
    1.1.0 Arg B/W Tegu Joker n Groxy
    1.0.0 Australian Water Dragon "Spyro"
    1.0.0 Red Eared Slider "Turdy"
    0.0.0 White Dwarf Hamster "MiMi" R.I.P.
    1.1.0 Black&Albino Kingsnakes "Pearl & Hannibal"

what should the temps be??? and is there any necessary humidity level for them?? how many should i purchase to start a colony?? thank you

nice video by the way Puffdragon

justin

why do you call it arm pit of the world I am originally from L.A. that is pretty close to a a_ _ H_ _ _ _ :lol:

I have a thriving Dubia colony (started with 50 and now have in the hundreds). It's way easy. I keep them in a plastic bin with holes on the lid. I have "egg" crates linned up and a heating pad on the bottom (under the bin). Every few days i toss in more food. I don't use H20 because I feed plenty of veggies and fruit. These are roaches, designed to survive everything and they eat everything. As an experiment I put in a chickent carcas, they left it bone white. As for breeding outside, it's too cold at night. My tegu loves, and I mean LOVES these things.
    1.0.0 B&W
    0.0.1 CA Horned Lizard
    0.0.1 Savannah Monitors
    2.0.0 Cats
    0.1.0 Wife
    1.0.0 Child

I may have to try it :D Do they really not smell :?:

Quote Originally Posted by justinalbino
    what should the temps be??? and is there any necessary humidity level for them?? how many should i purchase to start a colony?? thank you

nice video by the way Puffdragon

justin
    Temps should be around 80-90 F Anything lower and they tend to breed and grow at a slower rate. Humidity 60%+ anything lower and they have a tough time molting sometimes. I don't bother misting mine or anything but it's pretty humid as it is here. To start a colony be sure to purchase adults. If you purchase nymphs you will have to wait around 6 months or more before you start to see any offspring. To start a colony you will have to decide how quickly you want to start feeding and how big you want it. I'd say get 100 adults to start but everyone is different. Adults can get pricey as well.
    That's the thing about being taken under the wing of a dragon. It's warmer than you'd think.

LLLreptile.com is selling them for about $1.20 each is that good :?: