Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loud Crickets?

But don't Dubias take months to grow up before they are big enough to feed to your lizard?

to get as big as a cricket it'd take a newborn roach about a month. maybe two.

but an adult cricket takes 6 weeks. so they grow allmost the same. just the roach keep growing whereas the cricket dies.
    1.1.0 Arg B/W Tegu Joker n Groxy
    1.0.0 Australian Water Dragon "Spyro"
    1.0.0 Red Eared Slider "Turdy"
    0.0.0 White Dwarf Hamster "MiMi" R.I.P.
    1.1.0 Black&Albino Kingsnakes "Pearl & Hannibal"

When there is enough of them breeding -- you won't notice the growth rate of the nymphs.

I got about 3,000-8,000 discoid roaches...

well i got like 100 crickets now and nothing to feed them to. I just brought "stoner" home about 6 days ago thought the name would be commical I thought it fitted him perfectly. Big glassy eyes, lack of motivation and bad bad munchies 30 crickets a day bad....and sadly he hasnt adjusted yet he refuses to eat. He only comes out about 2 hours every other day to bask and thats it each time i try and get him to eat but he refuses. Crickets are just an experiment but thats all hes ever ate so i dont wanna shock him by throwin in a roach the size of him or a mouse right now. He's never been feed prekilled food or any fruits or vegies. Just crickets for 5 months so its gonna be hard winging him off of them.

i would love to start a dubia colony but u NEED A PERMIT under 18 lmao and roaches arnt very popular in london or surrounding areas so its kinda expensive about 1$/roach for 4 month roaches
    so itd cost like 100bucks just to get a small colony going whatever maybe ill try it when i get more money, get my dad to buy em for me

and yeah CRICKETS SUCK
    Goals:100 posts DONE!
    :200 posts OWNED
    :300 posts i dunno someday :S

Lol thats nothing hissing cockroaches around her go for $3 at pet stores. But they are big enough I think they'd eat my baby tagu like the size of a hamster lol. I'm gonna scrap my colony as of now after all 50 cents and 10 minutes I got invested is going down the crapper. Apperently my new black/gold tagu decided to hibernate as soon as I got him....so he wont be eating for 2-3 months :(

i think u mean more like 5-6 months lol :S sometimes even more then that 8O
    Goals:100 posts DONE!
    :200 posts OWNED
    :300 posts i dunno someday :S

yea, this is the perfect opretunity to build your colony! the dubia are slow growers. i've had mine, for like 2 months, and i've only fed like 4 to my pets. i think i'd need literally another 4-5 months till i can even start feeding off roaches.
    1.1.0 Arg B/W Tegu Joker n Groxy
    1.0.0 Australian Water Dragon "Spyro"
    1.0.0 Red Eared Slider "Turdy"
    0.0.0 White Dwarf Hamster "MiMi" R.I.P.
    1.1.0 Black&Albino Kingsnakes "Pearl & Hannibal"

Well crickets didnt go over so bad I got 200 they stayed alive 2 weeks then they started dying I lost about 40 buy now so bad like 7 bucks for a month work of food I just threw the whole tank away and ill start all over.