Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: god i hate people some times

i have 4 rats as pet, a Black n white Tegu, and a Hypo Tangerine Honduran Milk snake. the worst part of feeding a live feeder is hearing them cry when getting attacked. For those who kills the feeder before feeding it...why not get the frozen ones? Save yourself the trouble of having the guilt of killing the poor thing and having the feeder attack your precious pet. i always feed my Tegu and Milk snake F/T and they eat it happily without complaints. if u say its not natural for them to eat something already dead...that's is not totally true... im pretty sure in the wild, if they found food that is dead already...they will eat it. and if you want talk about "NATURAL"...keeping them in a cage is not NATURAL. just my 2 scent.
    I <3 my babies =D :p
    Black and white Tegu (Cali)
    4 Rats (Olive, Bullet, Button, and Blaze)
    Super Hypo Tangerine Honduran Milk Snake (Geo)

Quote Originally Posted by iwoodtoo View Post
    O.K., hmmmmm, so tell me how many posts do i need before i can state my opinion?
    A whopping 28 posts like you? Back off pal.
    Nice 3rd post. Try being a little helpful, or at the very least, add something entertaining. Pal.
    No amount of posts gives you the right to belittle the op.
    Last edited by Quijibo; 10-14-2009 at 11:16 AM.
    "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent" ~Qui-Gon Jinn

3.1 Juvie Humans
    1.0 Pastel Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python
    ?.? Arg B&W Tegu
    1.0 BUD (Big Ugly Dog)
    1.0 Fat Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Quijibo View Post
    Nice 3rd post. Try being a little helpful, or at the very least, add something entertaining. Pal.
    No amount of posts gives you the right to belittle the op.
    o.k., i have thought it over and you are right, i was out of turn to say what i originally said, and to you also, i am sorry,

truce?

No problem. I already apologised for my knee jerk reaction. I have made alot of friends on these forums that are from countries outside than the US. Many of them like (attempt?) to post in English. The results are pretty humorous sometimes.
    "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent" ~Qui-Gon Jinn

3.1 Juvie Humans
    1.0 Pastel Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python
    ?.? Arg B&W Tegu
    1.0 BUD (Big Ugly Dog)
    1.0 Fat Cat

people go on and on about humane killing with CO2.... ummmm how is asphyxiation humane... any1 other than me ever pasted out from CO2 it's not a drift off on clouds it's scary it hurts & not a good feeling

yeah man feeding a tegu or snake a rat is just part of nature which is un-changeable so people need to stop worrying about mice "suffering" it is part of life. And as far as killin rats... man im not even going to say it

o and why dont people stop worrying about dum rats dying and start worrying about important stuff like abortion or something

Just thought I'd mention that a mouse or rat with a full coat of fur put in the freezer will most likely take many hours, some times up to 24 hours to actually freeze and die. Just an FYI for anyone who believes it's humane to do it to anything other than fuzzies and below. An easy and pretty much instant way to kill them without suffering is to get something like a coffee cup and press it firmly on the mouses neck and then pull it's tail upwards... You have a instantly killed mouse. If you have a problem getting the object on their neck give them a wack on the head with your fingernail and try.

I had someone chew me out before because I said I fed my reptiles crickets. CRICKETS! I didn't even tell her the other things I feed them... I don't personally feed my reptiles live rodents, I don't want the hassle. I don't want vet bills and I don't think I'd want to breed them and then kill them myself either because I'd just end up keeping them as pets and going to buy FT, so I just go with FT...

I love rats, but when the time comes to feed my snakes, those rats were bred to be fed, so it's not like it was going to be a pet. I used to try to paralyze them by hitting their necks against the edge of the cage/dresser, but I have horrible aim, so I started hitting their heads against the wall, well, that got too messy! So, finally, I do it by hand and "karate chop" their neck/spine or, if the rat is mellow enough, I pick it up directly behind the two front legs, give it something to bit down on and kick its legs against and I squeeze... It's supposed to suffocate them, I was told that that was a more "humane" way at killing/paralyzing. I don't kill the rats myself because my red tail hates pre-killed rats.