Thread: Pegboard

Default Pegboard

Does anyone here think it is bad to use pegboard for the back wall of an enclosure?

I plan on using flexwatt to heat the enclosure and place it in the back of the enclosure. I would of course use the pegboard to cover the tape.

I just wonder if 1) it would keep humidity and 2) if it would deteriorate under the humidity required.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

yeah dont do it all that misting will most likly cause mildew (<- Thanks spellcheck lol its not mildo)

Default Re: Pegboard

Quote Originally Posted by loveliz
    Does anyone here think it is bad to use pegboard for the back wall of an enclosure?

I plan on using flexwatt to heat the enclosure and place it in the back of the enclosure. I would of course use the pegboard to cover the tape.
    Hey Liz It's good to have you here. If you waterproof the pegboard with an outdoor spar urethane, it should not mildew. You can get the same material without the holes too...its called 'hardboard' and is available in various thicknesses. Quarter inch would be ideal for your application. Both hardboard and spar urethane (Varathane) are available at home centers such as Home Depot etc.
    GMB
    "Be mindful of your thoughts.
    Thoughts crystallize into habit and
    habit solidifies into circumstance."

HI loveliz and Greenmanbacchus.I just want to welcome you both to the Tegu forum family.What kind of Tegus do you both have ?

[/b]Hey Txrepgirl Thanks for the welcome!
    I've had a bunch o' herps over the years...iggs, caimans,
    monitors, alligators...the list goes on. Somehow, I've never
    yet had a Tegu, although I've always liked 'em.
    I'm leaning toward a B&W Arg, and will probably do well to wait until I've got a larger place.
    It's good to be here!
    GMB
    "Be mindful of your thoughts.
    Thoughts crystallize into habit and
    habit solidifies into circumstance."

Your welcome :wink: .Yea,we have two black and white argentine Tegus and they are great.Just be careful if you are getting one because once you have one it is very hard not to fall in love with that Lizard and not wanting to get more :lol: .Good luck with finding the one you want ( down the road ).