Thread: 'nother newbie :P

Default 'nother newbie :P

Hey, all

Tal here, figured I'd introduce myself before going around posting everywhere.

I just got myself a new Tegu beginning of June as just a hatchling (was still sorta green at the time, really really cute little thing!) so he/she's only a few months old. I also have yet to determine the gender. Was keeping him/her in a small tank till a few days after the adoption I lucked out and a neighbor that was moving gave me their HUGE (probably 180 gal) tank, screen mesh cover and all for free!! So I'm forever grateful to them.

I'm sorta newb-ish when it comes to lizard care but I'm not a total dunce. An old roomie had a beardie and a veiled chameleon she usually neglected (so sad) and I ended up caring for them a lot, so i have about 9 months of experience with other lizards under my belt.

Also my current roomie has a job at the local pet shop so score on cheap stuff!

oh!

currently living in Alberta, hmm.....don't think i missed anything else..

anyways....hi!

Hi Tal.Sorry,I should of read this post of yours first and not the other one that you posted.But again welcome to the Tegu forum family.Ask as much as you want to.We have allot of very nice and experienced members here.Congrats on your new baby Tegu.Usually you can't tell what sex they are until they are a few months old.I could tell with both of our Tegu's that they are males when they were about 7 or 8 months old.Here is some info on how you can tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKZCOtVdabM

Welcome to the site!

Welcome Tal
    It's good to have you here!

GMB
    "Be mindful of your thoughts.
    Thoughts crystallize into habit and
    habit solidifies into circumstance."

Thanks for the war welcome everyone, this site has been so helpful already!!

I've already got him interested and testing out some non-living food and I've only been here a day!

I just hope I can contribute as much as I get out of this site.

Hi Tal, we're glad you joined us.
    1.0.0 Argentine Tegu
    0.1. Colombian Tegus
    1.0.0 Genetic Stripe Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Albino/Lav Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Normal Dwarf Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Platinum Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Tiger Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Normal Burmese Python