Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not Good At All...

Hi,
    I feel for your concern over poor Dante, but if it were me I'd let him chill (so to speak) in his warm, damp, familiar hide. He will calm down and regain his confidence. He probably assumed your dad was a predator and thought his number was up for a while there, plus he may have gotten very cold from snugging up to the plumbing.

Please be patient with him. He may have had a little setback with his taming and familiarity, but you are clearly looking out for his best interests and he will sense that again and gradually become more companionable.

Okay thanks very much for the response. That's what I was planning on doing but I just wanetd to make sure.

He wasn't next to any plumbing, just kinda between two walls, but he was there for a few hours so his body temp was probably down a little bit.

But he was actually very tame and calm before that so I'm not expecting too much set back with the taming process but I suppose I'll take it slow and see what happens.

Thanks again!

P.S. My dad's name is Hernando hehe thought that was funny.
    0.1 Argentine Black and White Tegu (Dante)
    1.0 Paraguayan Red Tegu (Azshara)
    0.1 Ball Python [100% Het. Albino] (Persephone)

Florida Death Metal - SledgegrindeR
    www.myspace.com/sledgegrinder

I wouldn't worry about it.He will be fine.Just give him some time.Also don't forget the hibernation season is just around the corner.

Well all is fine. He came out of hiding today and let me pick him up. He ate a mouse and it's all good. Thanks a lot for your advice everyone
    0.1 Argentine Black and White Tegu (Dante)
    1.0 Paraguayan Red Tegu (Azshara)
    0.1 Ball Python [100% Het. Albino] (Persephone)

Florida Death Metal - SledgegrindeR
    www.myspace.com/sledgegrinder

that is some great news.I love happy endings.Thanks for keeping us posted.I'm glad we could help ( and your welcome by the way :wink: ).