Thread: Mud turtles and fire belly toads...

Default Mud turtles and fire belly toads...

The answer is probably pretty obvious, but hey, you never know. Would mudturtles try to nibble on fire belly toads? Has anyone tried putting the two together? The muddies are about the size...that they can (individually) sit on a cassette tape.

I would say they would definitely try to nibble the toads. I have a baby stinkpot and he is super aggressive. All my turtles will investigate something new by trying to bite it.

Ah yes, they are curious little buggers. :wink:

Turtles are like the lion or tiger of the pond world anything that goes in is subject to nips lol if you want some action for your turtles why not introduce some feeder guppys those are inexpensive dont get large and if they can hide and escape your turtles ( somewhat) they will breed in the tank and make more turtle food

Well I wanted to combine 2 tanks that are in my bedroom, firstly the 20 gallon with the mud turtles, and secondly the 10 with the toads and a Bahama anole. Nevertheless, next time I'm free, I'll be setting up a 30 gallon for the muddies. Btw, I've known them since itty bitty hatchlings. :lol: