Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mountain of Amphibian Muscle

Default Mountain of Amphibian Muscle

Hello all......Here are 2 brand new vids of Barney... The frog, not the dinosaur ha ha hah ...

Anyway, he is getting bigger by the day, literally..He usually attacks the night crawlers more ferociously than he did in the vids. However, the vids show off what a massive mountain of an amphibian he is.

Towards the end of video one, you can see his teeth.

Rob

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=MVI_6262.flv

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=MVI_6261.flv

lol that's a big frog. Cool videos
    0.1 Argentine Black and White Tegu (Dante)
    1.0 Paraguayan Red Tegu (Azshara)
    0.1 Ball Python [100% Het. Albino] (Persephone)

Florida Death Metal - SledgegrindeR
    www.myspace.com/sledgegrinder

Thanks agallegos37....He is only about 7 months old...He will probably be more than twice that size before he's done growing.

Rob

p.s. Should have said that Barney is a male south african bullfrog or pixie frog.

october, I never knew these frogs could be such characters. I really enjoy them. can you handle them ?
    1.0.0 Argentine Tegu
    0.1. Colombian Tegus
    1.0.0 Genetic Stripe Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Albino/Lav Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Normal Dwarf Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Platinum Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Tiger Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Normal Burmese Python

Hello angelrose......Well, you can handle them, but they hate it. Also, you need to wear some form of rubber or latex gloves since the oils in out skin irritate theirs.

Barney is definitely a character. He is a tough frog..lol. When it is time to clean his dish, he usually refuses to move. If I push and tap his butt, he tightens his whole body up and is like..." I'm not moving for anyone or anything". At which point I slide a hand underneath him and scoop him out of the pale.

Also, they do bite, and hard. Those teeth (odontodes) on the bottom jaw are meant to sink into prey and hold it in place. If they miss or mistake your hand, your hand will do just fine as prey...lol

Rob

Cute videos.I love your little hedge hogs .

Quote Originally Posted by october
    Hello angelrose......Well, you can handle them, but they hate it. Also, you need to wear some form of rubber or latex gloves since the oils in out skin irritate theirs.

Barney is definitely a character. He is a tough frog..lol. When it is time to clean his dish, he usually refuses to move. If I push and tap his butt, he tightens his whole body up and is like..." I'm not moving for anyone or anything". At which point I slide a hand underneath him and scoop him out of the pale.

Also, they do bite, and hard. Those teeth (odontodes) on the bottom jaw are meant to sink into prey and hold it in place. If they miss or mistake your hand, your hand will do just fine as prey...lol

Rob
    who would have thought that I would fall in love with frogs on a tegu forum ..lol

well, my hand and arm have been prey before. but, I don't want to make a habit out of it. I think they would just be a joy to have around. they make me smile.

I'm still looking. in the meantime, keep those videos coming.
    1.0.0 Argentine Tegu
    0.1. Colombian Tegus
    1.0.0 Genetic Stripe Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Albino/Lav Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Normal Dwarf Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Platinum Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Tiger Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Normal Burmese Python

Cute videos.I love your little hedge hogs
    I love them too, but they are not mine... I took that video at the Petstore thta I buy my feeders from. Those HEdge hogs where only about 2 1/2 weeks old when the video was shot. They are still nursing off the mother. actually, they are noe being weened off. They are still not for sale.

I was interested in getting one, but now I'm not sure. I think I have enough animals.

Rob

LOL, I missed the other video and thought angelrose was calling your frogs hedgehogs! How much do you feed your frog and how often? I have a pyxie that I think is about 4-5 months old, guessing by the size. I feed him a couple of nightcrawlers two or three times a week, but I'm not sure if that's enough. Sometimes I give him a dozen crickets or some supers instead of nightcrawlers. The frog is about 4 inches long total.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets