Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mountain of Amphibian Muscle

Hello laurarfl. Is your pixie male or female?

Barney is around 6 inches and is about 7 months old. Females only grow to be around 4 inches, males can grow to around 10 inches.

Anyway, can you post some pics of your pixie? I really don't have a set schedule for my frogs. I do use certain criteria to assess the amounts and frequency that they eat. Sometimes they will eat every day for a few days. Some times I feed them every other day if they are awake. If they are sleeping, I usually let them sleep. Providing they are getting adequate nutrition.

From the information you provided, I think he/she could be feed more. My other male, Monty, is about 4 1/2-5 inches long. He will eat, when he is awake, about 5-7 night crawlers in a sitting, then the next day or the the day after...5-7 again. He gets 1 mouse every 3 weeks. However, this is only because he slept away most of his baby months. These frogs should only get about 1 mouse a month.

Monty is way behind Barney in size, yet is older than Barney. Barney will eat about 10-13 night crawlers about every other day.

As far as Monty goes,I have been waking him up every 2-3 days for the past 7-8 weeks, if needed, to feed him. He eats quite a bit. Normally I wouldn't do this, but seeing as how his growth and nutrition is behind, in my opinion, he needs these thing done. It is definitely paying off. In the last 7-8 weeks, he has practically doubled his size and is catching up to Barney.

Basically, if you could post or email me pics, then we can say whether he is eating enough. However, it sounds like he could be eating more. I feed my frogs until they start having the saddle bag sides. Not so much that they look like they are going to burst. Also, I usually stop feeding them before they finish. I know that they usually eat the last night crawler or cricket I will throw in there. They would probably eat more, but I do not give them more.

Rob

Laura,it was me that sad something about the Hedge Hogs not angelrose :lol: .If you go back to his link for the frog on the right side of the video are two pictures that you can click on.That's where I saw the other pictures and videos :wink: .

Oops, sorry t, I knew someone said something about hedge hogs! :0

I'll try to post pics. See, I can type fast and pop in a type a message in about 1 min, then go do what I'm supposed to be doing. But taking a picture and then uploading it seems to take forever. So, I wait until I have time which is NEVER!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

:lol: that's ok.I do that sometimes,too.Espacially when I'm here on the forum late at night ( early in the morning after I come home from work ) and I'm tiered.