Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: have you ever...

Loudog760 Guest

A lot of people like pets that are fuzzy, warm and cute. From my experiences and observations, people tend to think reptiles are aggressive ruff/slimy and ugly. I've even heard smelly? Most people don't give reptile a second though. That's why I think educating people even when they ask the most simplest questions is always a good thing. But is it me or are reptiles become more popular?

I do think reptiles are becoming more popular.

The party went well...Kreacher and Rexie went to show off. Rexie wasn't touched my any kids, since he's new to the pary scene. Kreacher still spazzes when she's outside, but the kids were able to touch her on the back. The she got too squirmy. But they were all surprised at how big she grew and how pretty she was. Some of the kids were at both parties. it was a great time! I just love my job!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

I'm happy to hear that the party went well.Thanks for keeping us posted :wink: .

oh my
    ok um if anyone goes on youtube, check out glazlad10
    this guy has recently started to harass me about me defending herpers. he says i have vorarephillia or something like that and its supposed to be an arousal from seeing something being swallowed
    i don't know but i checked this guy out... HUGE anti-animal killing dude. anti-meat, anti-hunting, etc
    he only comments on people's videos and has only one of his own. its telling us that he only feeds his dogs vegetarian which is better for them (if i recall correctly, they're designed quite well for meat)
    anyways, yeah i;m continually harassed.
    i'm starting to get annoyed by it. and nobody seems to figure anything out

like with snakes and feeding em live. some newbies to the hobby will say "its what they do in the wild" when in fact (and anti-herps will say it too) they're pets. the proper thing(s) to say, in my opinion, are

1. some snakes prefer live food unless you can convert them (which isn't that hard for me luckily)
    2. (this one goes out to the despicable comments towards herps in general) if one were to claim your reptile is a freak show, disgusting, a thing from the netherworld, remember this. people associate pets with furry DOMESTICATED animals like dogs and cats. whereas reptiles, to my knowledge are NOT domesticated but rather taken from the wild and bred in captivity. they can be tamed and some won't have it

gahhh i need to find a place to live amongst ONLY herpers (utopia?)

Quote Originally Posted by tedthetegu
    its telling us that he only feeds his dogs vegetarian which is better for them (if i recall correctly, they're designed quite well for meat)
    Well those canine (fang) teeth are meant to shred lettuce
    Thank you,
    Joe Rivera
    1.0.0 Arg. Black & White Tegu (Ash)
    0.1.0 Black Lab Mix (Maggie May)
    1.0.0 Daschund & Beagle Mix (Spike)
    "SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIR

indeed
    you'd think people would come out of the holes they stick their heads in sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by jor71
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthetegu
    its telling us that he only feeds his dogs vegetarian which is better for them (if i recall correctly, they're designed quite well for meat)
    Well those canine (fang) teeth are meant to shred lettuce
    Hmmm I am sorry, but dogs are not carnivorius, they are coprophage (which mean they eat feces.) They are also what we call "carbage eater", they will eat anything they can find. Which explain why they are always eating other animal feces or looking into human carbage. :wink:
    Ben
    0.1.0, 2007, Bearded Dragon (Uresaii)
    1.0.0, 1999, Hermann Tortoise (Tama-chan)
    0.1.0, 2007, Redfoot Tortoise (Kame-chan)

Got msn? If you want to talk to me just leave me a private message !

I know people like him can be hard to deal with.Trust me I don't like killing things either but I had to get used to it ( for the love of my reptiles ).Now if I would have to go hunting for meat for me " no thanks ".The only thing that I maybe could get used to is killing fish.I like the animals that don't like to kill anything and they just wait until it's already dead or another animal killed it first :lol: .If I were a animal that's what I would do :lol: .Just ignore him.

its hard to ignore the guy when he harasses me continuously. i've reported harassment AND had to delete numerous comments. its all getting old and i live in hollywood!
    i'm surrounded by these types

I'm sorry that you have to put up with all of that .... ( I rather not say it ).